Jump to content
Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Help Completing DVLA V55/4 Frist Vehicle Tax & Registration


Recommended Posts

Hello All,

 

Do anyone have a template or copy of the DVLA V55/4 Frist Vehicle Tax & Registration form. I am Newbie and just imported my first 2010 Vellfire.

 

While some of the questions are pretty straightforward.

 

I am not sure the answer around

  • HC (g/km or g/kWh)
  • Euro Status
  • RDE

 

Basically question 21 to 47 that has to do with emission.

 

Any help appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Hello All,

 

Do anyone have a template or copy of the DVLA V55/4 Frist Vehicle Tax & Registration form. I am Newbie and just imported my first 2010 Vellfire.

 

While some of the questions are pretty straightforward.

 

I am not sure the answer around

  • HC (g/km or g/kWh)
  • Euro Status
  • RDE

 

Basically question 21 to 47 that has to do with emission.

 

Any help appreciated.

 

Hello Teddy,

 

Welcome to the Forum.

 

Can you please change your profile to reflect the vehicle you have; otherwise, in future  you are likely to receive answers for the wrong vehicle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2024 at 5:41 PM, TeddyBear said:

Hello All,

 

Do anyone have a template or copy of the DVLA V55/4 Frist Vehicle Tax & Registration form. I am Newbie and just imported my first 2010 Vellfire.

 

While some of the questions are pretty straightforward.

 

I am not sure the answer around

  • HC (g/km or g/kWh)
  • Euro Status
  • RDE

 

Basically question 21 to 47 that has to do with emission.

 

Any help appreciated.

 

 

You don't have to answer those. There is no EU compliant emissions testing, these are not Type approved vehicles.

 

I just gave them supporting documentation for proof of age, being the export Japanese export certificate, and an MOT certificate which was done under the chassis number.

 

Included a cheque for the registration fee and 12 months tax.

 

And 2 weeks later a V5C came though the post! It was amazingly easy to be fair!

 

This is how I filled out my form....

 

image.thumb.jpeg.0dc0094e00bdc58fb4a9766a5f2b08ea.jpeg

 

 

And I sent it with all these docs....

20211218_110446.thumb.jpg.1d246ca9008e00e3e2746a393a731fea.jpg

 

And I got a V5C back like this!

 

20240116_205634.thumb.jpg.6ef9bc6c5c84556e2062553e7211ef2c.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2024 at 5:57 PM, Rojie said:

 

Hello Teddy,

 

Welcome to the Forum.

 

Can you please change your profile to reflect the vehicle you have; otherwise, in future  you are likely to receive answers for the wrong vehicle.

 

I have guessed you have a four cylinder model !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, threepot said:

 

 

You don't have to answer those. There is no EU compliant emissions testing, these are not Type approved vehicles.

 

I just gave them supporting documentation for proof of age, being the export Japanese export certificate, and an MOT certificate which was done under the chassis number.

 

Included a cheque for the registration fee and 12 months tax.

 

And 2 weeks later a V5C came though the post! It was amazingly easy to be fair!

 

This is how I filled out my form....

 

image.thumb.jpeg.0dc0094e00bdc58fb4a9766a5f2b08ea.jpeg

 

 

And I sent it with all these docs....

20211218_110446.thumb.jpg.1d246ca9008e00e3e2746a393a731fea.jpg

 

And I got a V5C back like this!

 

20240116_205634.thumb.jpg.6ef9bc6c5c84556e2062553e7211ef2c.jpg

Thank You Perfect. This is very helpful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 1/16/2024 at 9:25 PM, threepot said:

 

 

You don't have to answer those. There is no EU compliant emissions testing, these are not Type approved vehicles.

 

I just gave them supporting documentation for proof of age, being the export Japanese export certificate, and an MOT certificate which was done under the chassis number.

 

Included a cheque for the registration fee and 12 months tax.

 

And 2 weeks later a V5C came though the post! It was amazingly easy to be fair!

 

This is how I filled out my form....

 

image.thumb.jpeg.0dc0094e00bdc58fb4a9766a5f2b08ea.jpeg

 

 

And I sent it with all these docs....

20211218_110446.thumb.jpg.1d246ca9008e00e3e2746a393a731fea.jpg

 

And I got a V5C back like this!

 

20240116_205634.thumb.jpg.6ef9bc6c5c84556e2062553e7211ef2c.jpg

Thank you. I can confirm your information helped and my registration have been approved. THANK YOU AGAIN

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Thank you. I can confirm your information helped and my registration have been approved. THANK YOU AGAIN

 

Excellent :) and great success!

 

Its quite magic getting the V5c though the post - mission accomplished 🥳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Good day. I recently acquired a new vehicle from a dealership located in Scotland. During the online registration process, the dealership encountered difficulties and was instructed by the DVLA to complete and submit the V55/4 form via postal mail. The dealership cited an error in the entry of my Northern Ireland postcode as the cause of this issue.

 

Upon contacting the DVLA, I was informed that it is not possible to register a vehicle purchased in the UK mainland to a Northern Ireland address through the online platform.

 

I am seeking information regarding the potential duration of this process, as the dealership has indicated that they are unable to release the vehicle until the entire registration procedure is completed. I am particularly interested in understanding whether I will need to wait for the V5C document to arrive by post from the DVLA before collecting the vehicle or if there are alternative steps that can be taken. Any insights or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

 

Or do anyone know any other alternative process, perhaps, use an NI plate for the initial registration?

Screenshot_20240525_100414_Gmail.jpg

Edited by Squadron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2024 at 7:35 AM, TeddyBear said:

Thank you. I can confirm your information helped and my registration have been approved. THANK YOU AGAIN

Hello. Please, if I may ask, how long did you have to wait amd how did you get the approval confirmation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2024 at 5:08 AM, Squadron said:

Hello. Please, if I may ask, how long did you have to wait amd how did you get the approval confirmation?

Approx 2 - 3 weeks. It didn't take long 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.