Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

I have just joined the club

I have just joined the club. Thanks for allowing me in., but I have not actually purchased my car YET. I used to own a  Bongo Camper conversion up until 2012. Now, well just let me say I am in a new life I am looking to gat another camper van. It is not viable to get or convert another Bongo. So I did some research & came up with the Alphard as being very viable. The next choice I have to make is if to have whether to have it converted or do the conversion myself. Advice would be welcome. I assume there are kits but what is available & from where.

Any advice would be appreciated  thank you Roy. 

1 hour ago, Roy Ridden said:

I have just joined the club. Thanks for allowing me in., but I have not actually purchased my car YET. I used to own a  Bongo Camper conversion up until 2012. Now, well just let me say I am in a new life I am looking to gat another camper van. It is not viable to get or convert another Bongo. So I did some research & came up with the Alphard as being very viable. The next choice I have to make is if to have whether to have it converted or do the conversion myself. Advice would be welcome. I assume there are kits but what is available & from where.

Any advice would be appreciated  thank you Roy. 

Hello Roy,

Welcome to the Forum.

There are not many kits available.

I believe a place in Barnstaple supplies one.

And there are removable 'pods' available.

Are you going side conversion or rear conversion ?

There is a lot of work involved in the carpentry / converting, just cutting the plywood accurately is quite a challenge

If you want gas and electric available, than more skills are necessary.

As your vehicle will be a grey import, most official Toyota dealers will not work on it.

Make sure you have access to a capable mechanic that will; especially if you go hybrid.

Good Luck.

48 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Hello Roy,

Welcome to the Forum.

There are not many kits available.

I believe a place in Barnstaple supplies one.

And there are removable 'pods' available.

Are you going side conversion or rear conversion ?

There is a lot of work involved in the carpentry / converting, just cutting the plywood accurately is quite a challenge

If you want gas and electric available, than more skills are necessary.

As your vehicle will be a grey import, most official Toyota dealers will not work on it.

Make sure you have access to a capable mechanic that will; especially if you go hybrid.

Good Luck.

Thank you Rojie. It will be a side conversion. I am OK with cutting the ply, am an old fashion apprentice ship served plumber & gas fitter. Electric work is no problem, will be a lot of work. I have a good garage company who used to work on my Grey import Mazda Bong. The hybrid aspect,  I am considering, I will  have to check on.