Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

AH10 facelift AFS - how complex is it

Hi folks,

Just for anyone who might be in the know is all.

So know most AH10 facelifts have AFS Xenons.  Does anyone know for a fact whether these are genuine adaptive cornering lamps, or are they just 'AFS' by virtue of having automatic beam levelling?

I have to say mine appears fully operational but I have never noticed the beam angle altering when steering, just that it obviously automatically levels as you drive.

Appreciate its a much newer vehicle but I also have a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe with AFS xenons, and when stationary and turning the wheel, the lamps quite obviously move left and right with the steering, and is noticeable when driving.  It also had the travel mode setting where you can change the beam angle to suit countries with LHD vehicles that drive on the right.

Appreciate any insight or pointers to tech data on them if anyone knows for certain!

Edited by pipsyp