Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Breakdown cover

smurf

I've been looking into breakdown cover ready for when we take delivery of our 2003 camper conversion. Due to the age, some won't offer cover, or put extra excesses in place or increase premiums. European cover was even harder to find at a reasonable cost with a half decent insurer, again due to the age. I did find that the Caravan and Motorhome club offer breakdown cover that would meet our needs, but it certainly wasn't cheap.

I eventually stumbled across full European cover provided by the AA with no vehicle age restriction via the Nationwide Flex plus current account. It is just a £13 a month account fee for a joint account for my wife and I, and it also comes with worldwide travel insurance and mobile phone insurance. The breakdown cover is personal for both of us for any vehicle we are traveling in, plus vehicle cover for any vehicle we own. It covers cars and motorhomes, so no worries there. 

I just thought this might be of interest to other people looking for breakdown cover for older Alphards, or even newer ones as it really isn't that expensive for what it covers and what it offers. 

I used to travel in France and Spain for many years.

I was with Saga at the time, but not with the Alphie.

I thought they offered exceptional cover.