Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Stripped interior

Hi all, has anybody completely stripped the rear of their Alphard? I have a 2006 & I'm looking to convert the back and was wondering if there's plenty of struts & metalwork to screw into...especially the roof. I'm particularly interested in what's behind the roof lining but don't fancy removing it just on the off chance. I have twin sunroofs btw.

Hi, one of the beautiful things about the Alphard is the quality of the interior, so I would advise against stripping it out. I converted my Alphard into a campervan by removing the back and central left seats and putting a platform that works as a low cooker and sleeping platform. Cost me about £1000 and works a treat. My friend bought a stripped out conversion and it cost her £26,000 and is rubbish. 

• Like 1

I had a very high class rear conversion fitted.

The only items needed to be 'stripped out' were the two rear seats, their seatbelts and the cubby hole cover !

I would agree with Peter. It is best left alone; and all that insulation and sound deadening material works very well.

There are a few (self assembly) 'pod' conversions available.

I've done a basic conversion but over the years & the last few trips I've realised I have so much overhead unused space. I've thought of all alternatives but always arrive back at the "if only I had something to screw in to..." situation. If I could see one stripped I'd know if it was worth it or not.

7 minutes ago, SupaDave said:

I've done a basic conversion but over the years & the last few trips I've realised I have so much overhead unused space. I've thought of all alternatives but always arrive back at the "if only I had something to screw in to..." situation. If I could see one stripped I'd know if it was worth it or not.

I use a couple of cargo nets for lightweight items.

Very happy with our converted 2007, now 2+ years with us, couldn't have found better. Odd fittings,such as cupboard door catches, could have been been of higher quality,but soon sorted that problem.

Fitted my own awning rail,looks and works great. As I have said in the past,tows our caravan well.