Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Any  quotes for Alphard 2.4 petrol i'm finding lots of different prices and some don't insure at all.

Any good places to try for a decent price please.

Depends if it's a camper conversion or still a regular minivan.  If converted it's harder still TBH.

These vehicles are rather in an unfortunate category, as even with minimal damage they can prove expensive to repair (as parts aren't cheap anyway and typically would need to be sourced from Japan).....also many repairers would probably refuse to work on an Alphard so from a write off standpoint they are considered high risk (I.e a minor prang will likely result in the insurer just wanting to write off and pay out the insurance valuation).

Mines with JustKampers at the moment, they've been very good so far but again not what I'd consider cheap.

Edited by pipsyp

No worries Bri, insurance on these isn't ideal....you'd think it'd be a bit less of an issue nowadays considering how prevalent they are becoming in the UK!

350 to 400 should be your target. More for a camper.

Try not to use internet quoting, and make a few phone calls.

Try Churchill. I have max no claims bonus but was about £323.  Direct line wanted £609 up from £380 last year and initially said it was the best they could do. When I went back and told them Churchill quote the closest they could match with all the discounts etc they could suddenly produce was around £480 so I’m now with Churchill for my 2004 8 seater 2.4 hybrid Alphard.

The comparison sites for me were the cheapest,  though their drop down menu on vehicle type called  anything later than 2010 a vellfire.

One insurer did say they would take it up with the software supplier others just said mehh!

It might be better now but in the end went with National Farmers union -NFU a mutual and includes basic breakdown cover and no charge for 12 payments

Need a bit of time to chat through policy as not totally on line, though you do get a UK centre.

• Like 1

We were with Churchill but after a year they said they weren't doing imports anymore. Maybe they've changed back now? But Aviva was our cheapest as it happens. Don't listen to garages who say they can't fix the car because parts have to be imported. Show them these people if they do, because we got our original Japanese parts within 2 days. Shopping Cart (gt4-play.co.uk) Our local garage is now more than happy to help. 

16 hours ago, James said:

Try Churchill. I have max no claims bonus but was about £323.  Direct line wanted £609 up from £380 last year and initially said it was the best they could do. When I went back and told them Churchill quote the closest they could match with all the discounts etc they could suddenly produce was around £480 so I’m now with Churchill for my 2004 8 seater 2.4 hybrid Alphard.

Would it surprise you to know that Churchill is part of the Direct Line Group of companies !

I'm with Adrian flux for my 2.4 8-seater; so far ok.

As to parts. Plenty on line, but yesterday I priced parts for rear axle fixing bushes, an advise for my MOT. You can get plenty of bushes on line but the high tensile bolts for the bushes were harder to find. I went to my local Toyota garage, Johnsons, Wallasey, at 11.30am and ordered two bolts (with washers) and 2 nuts. They phoned to say they had arrived at 10.00am today!

Brilliant service!!!

John Harrison. Wallasey, Wirral