Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hello I am purchasing a Toyota Alphard campervan and want to know the maximum height car park that I can use. Thanks 

10 minutes ago, Thea said:

Hello I am purchasing a Toyota Alphard campervan and want to know the maximum height car park that I can use. Thanks 

I have the V6 version which stands at 1.94m. 

So just low enough for a 2m carpark (This does not include multi-storey car parks which often have low height in certain places.

Also remember you are relying on the fact, or otherwise, that the overhead obstruction is at the correct height, and that the approach is level.

Also, non standard wheel size and tyre combinations may affect this rather small gap.

Hi

I own a 3.0l v6 2004 Alphard campervan conversion with pop top and non standard 18 inch wheels and can comfortably get under the usual 2.1 metre car park restrictions but when I first got the Alphard I used to get my wife to see me through as panicked a bit but really had no worries

Barriers near me in the coastal region are posted as 198cm ! (6'6").

So I still do as JD suggests, as I know that some barriers are not level across their width.

All it needs is a still touch from a delivery van, or something, and the posted height is no longer accurate.

If the approach road is not level, are they ever, and depressed (less than 180 degrees) the clearance distance will be even less.

I haven't done the maths, but with a 5 metre vehicle the middle of the van will be 'lifted' and reduce the overall clearance height.

I have also seen pop tops with a roof higher than the standard 4cm gap !

I can't remember where it was now, somewhere like Portsmouth, where some morons had fitted a speed bump just after the height barrier, so if, like me, you fly close to the wind, you get a lovely surprise as your front wheels climb the speed bump.

I used to get my children to watch through the moon roof, and if I hadn't, I would have had a nice repair!, that was one of the 2 times I've reversed back out of an entrance because of idiotic car park design.

The other was a new fire suppression system in Cambridge, where some pipework was lower than the height restriction bar.