Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Faulty power slide door button causing 12v battery to drain

My passenger slide door black button has been a bit temperamental for a while but doesn't work at all now. Power door is fine by pulling the handle. The 12v battery has started draining overnight since the button went fully faulty. If I turn the power doors off at the dash switch then the 12v battery has been fine. I assume the drain might be due to the power being always on if the dash switch is left on.

Can members advise what I need to repair or replace the button mechanism (inc. part no. if possible) and how do I remove the door trim to get to it?

Just a thought- have always had an issue with 12v battery drain if van not used for a few days especially in winter. Wondering if the power doors have always been the issue?

7 hours ago, PaulE said:

My passenger slide door black button has been a bit temperamental for a while but doesn't work at all now. Power door is fine by pulling the handle. The 12v battery has started draining overnight since the button went fully faulty. If I turn the power doors off at the dash switch then the 12v battery has been fine. I assume the drain might be due to the power being always on if the dash switch is left on.

Can members advise what I need to repair or replace the button mechanism (inc. part no. if possible) and how do I remove the door trim to get to it?

Just a thought- have always had an issue with 12v battery drain if van not used for a few days especially in winter. Wondering if the power doors have always been the issue?

It is essential to keep your starter battery fully charged throughout the winter months.

Check your room/mood lights are not on. It;s difficult to tell in decent light.

Do you have any accessories that are not OEM ?

Sometimes owners are tempted to add gizmos without them being wired through the ignition.

Send your registration or VIN to Picasso for the part number.

I have ordered a new primary release motor from ebay which might do it but I notice that the door will open via the button on the dash suggesting this might not be the fault.

The door will also not open from the inside using the handle- does anyone have any ideas please.