Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2008 Alphard V A 2.4 Platinum Selection II camper conversion

Posted (edited)

Contemplating selling my Alphard, as Ive come to the realisation it just simply isnt getting the (camping) use it deserves.  I'll be very sad to see it go but feel its only right it goes to someone who will use it as intended and get the enjoyment from it that weve struggled to.

It was imported by SS Autos in July 2021 and given a full rear conversion (New Dawn) and Drivelodge pop top (Northstar) for its 1st UK owners it was imported for.  As you can appreciate the cost of the van itself + conversion came with some considerable expense.

It was a Grade 4 vehicle and have to say for something 15 years old its in excellent order inside and out.  Currently sitting on c. 82k miles (the speedo and odo all now read in miles).  Having been professionally imported, it has of course been fully undersealed.

Finished in Black mica paint, nice spec including dark full alcantara upholstery with light wood trim, power side doors and tailgate, keyless entry, reversing camera, AFS Xenons with auto light control, electric folding mirrors, front and rear AC (works great), 6 speaker audio.  Its had a very expensive Pioneer double DIN touchscreen unit fitted which has wireless android auto/carplay, DAB and Bluetooth.  The wheel mounted audio controls and factory reversing cam all work through it as expected.

Lots of paperwork with it, including the original Japanese book pack, service history since its been in the UK, CarVX report, BIMTA certificate (mileage backed up by the CarVX report).

Since my ownership its had plenty of maintenance including:

A replacement driveshaft seal

Anti roll bar d link bushes

Genuine Toyota radiator

Full service (plugs/filters) using genuine Toyota parts

A new genuine toyota windscreen

New bosch aerotwin wiper blades, and new rear bosch OEM style rear blade

Runs beautifully and I run it on super unleaded (typically Texaco 99).  Fresh MOT with zero advisories.

The kitchen is a rear conversion, tastefully done to contain:

Dual gas burner hob

Sink with powered tap

Vitifrigo 12v undercounter fridge/freezer

2 x LED lights above the counter top

MHU to rear passenger side providing mains power to 2 x 13a sockets w/ 2 x USB charging outlets

Pop up table with bench seating with black vinyl covered cushions over rear wheel wells

The pop top is usual drivelodge, with carpeted boards for the flooring.

It has a leisure battery in the front that is charged via a split charging relay.  The battery status (charge and health) can be monitored via a smartphone app via bluetooth.  Not the MHU does not charge the leisure battery (it currently does not have a mains charger).

In the interest of transparency.....

It has a bit of a knock from the steering column, i believe it is the column bushes which is common on these.  I have a new set of these that will go with the it, just have not had the opportunity to have them fitted.

It needs a new passenger wing mirror glass, it currently has a pre facelift glass installed as a temporary measure.  i did order a new genuine one from Japan for it but it was the wrong one (!) So have just stuck with the temporary part Will likely sort for the new owner.

The pop top has 2 LED lights installed, but these have never worked since ive owned the vehicle. Its most likely to be a simple wiring/fuse issue but its bothered me so little I havent addressed.

I didnt like the plastic fly sheeting that was fitted in the pop top side windows (affected the view out and just trapped flies/creepy crawlies) so had them removed (are now just full opening zipped windows).

The diamond cut alloy finish is starting to deteriorate, but comensurate with the age of the vehicle (I suspect they have never been re-cut).

It originally had a rear dumbo mirror on it, I didnt like it so it was removed.  I do still have it and will supply it with the vehicle should the next keeper wish to refit it.  Also the rear spoiler is suffering some lacquer peel, again as is common with these.

Its in super shape but obviously bear in mind its a 15 year old vehicle so it does carry what I consider to be some relevant wear and tear in places (chips, dinks etc) but honestly it is pretty exceptional.  I genuinely think the first interested party to see/view it will want to buy.  I have posted some pics below, but dont have anything decent of the inside at the moment.

I originally had the £16k mark in mind, but I will take 15k for it and consider any sensible/inoffensive offers.  I think this is reasonable given its relative spec, condition and that these conversions can be upwards of 20k.

Happy for it to be viewed at my home, though due to its value I would conduct any test drives and payment would need to be BACS only (no cash).  Please DM me if of any interest.

20240331_124119.jpg

20240331_123159.jpg

20240331_123137.jpg

20240331_123121.jpg

20240331_121202.jpg

Edited by pipsyp

Posted (edited)

Hi folks, still contemplating sale to an interested party.

I would take 14k for a quick sale to a forum member, though I cant really justify going lower - the van is very nice and definitely worth that amount given the professional kitchen conversion and pop top.  That said, I wont be insulted by close offers but Id definitely need to think on it (as I do love the thing and its not an act of desperation!).

Again DM if of interest, happy to answer any questions.

Edited by pipsyp

Posted (edited)

Right folks, im definitely selling.  Am sad as its a really lovely van, but it needs to go to a good home where it'll get used more for its purpose.

Again, 14k (will consider sensible offers) for a quick sale to a forum member.  If it doesnt go fairly imminently I will start to market it elsewhere at 16k.  I feel its a chance for someone to pick up very nice converted van for a relative bargain.

My promise to any interested forum member party (as some additional show of goodwill):

* I'll arrange to replace the mirror glass for the correct genuine part, either having it sent to the new keeper to fit/fitting myself should the timescales allow.  As it stands it has a brand new genuine (blue glass, convex, blind spot) pre facelift glass installed, which is entirely functional, just smaller/different shape to the FL glass (so there are some gaps in the mirror housing).

* I'll arrange for it to have an oil and filter service before collection (is due sometime in July).

* I'll have it professionally valeted inside and out prior to collection.

* I will include accessory items I have purchased for it, including a EHU cable, EHU 16a to 13a converter cable, Campingaz regulator, 2 x Campinggaz bottles (one slightly used, other brand new), water gerry can for fresh water (for sink tap), blackout cover for windscreen and front windows.

Feel free to share this with anyone you know who might be in the market/is looking for a decent Alphard camper.  If they are referred by a forum member ill again honour the 14k price.

Edited by pipsyp

Some more photos showing.....

The kitchen (including the hob and sink)

The Vitrifrigo fridge freezer

Dining setup (with table)

Rear seats rotated (nice when you have company and acts as a great step up to the pop top!)

The pop top all up and windows open.

Under the bonnet.

Any interest please DM me!

20240519_194631.jpg

20240519_194718.jpg

20240519_194726.jpg

20240519_195243.jpg

20240519_195455.jpg

20240519_195501.jpg

20240519_194622.jpg

20240519_194611.jpg

20240519_194554.jpg

20240519_194353.jpg

20240519_194024.jpg

20240519_193909.jpg

20240519_193828.jpg

20240519_193824.jpg

20240519_193808.jpg

20240519_193711.jpg

20240519_193704.jpg

20240519_193650.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi All,

Still for sale.  Reduced to £13,250 for a forum member/referral.  I think at this price it is rather a bargain given the conversion works and its overall condition.

I have purchased a new genuine Toyota passenger mirror glass from a dealer (£££££) so that will be rectified.

It will also receive an oil change (as it is due an oil service in July, using genuine Toyota filter) and a full inside and out professional valet prior to collection.

It is now listed on AutoTrader and FB Marketplace for a bit more and would expect it to sell before too long so it would be nice if someone on here could pick up a bargain.

Edited by pipsyp

Reduced to 13k.

Mirror replacement and oil/filter change happening imminently.  Opportunity to pick up a very clean, well loved and well equipped van at a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...