Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Android head unit, factory reverse camera wiring

Hi all, I have an ANH15 Alphard and am installing an android head unit into it. I can for the life of me find anything about the factory reverse camera wiring for this model. I’d like to retain the factory reverse camera without installing a new one so any info and particularly photos would be very much appreciated!

IMG_2738.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

9 hours ago, Newbie215 said:

Hi all, I have an ANH15 Alphard and am installing an android head unit into it. I can for the life of me find anything about the factory reverse camera wiring for this model. I’d like to retain the factory reverse camera without installing a new one so any info and particularly photos would be very much appreciated!

IMG_2738.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

Hello James,

Welcome to the Forum.

On 5/24/2024 at 12:57 AM, Newbie215 said:

I’d like to retain the factory reverse camera without installing a new one

I don't think that's possible. The camera needs replacing with one that is compatible with the Android HUs.

I think it can be done with the right wiring and converters.  Sure mine has the factory rear camera still, but it has a Pioneer double DIN unit and it all works as you'd expect.

• 5 weeks later...

You may have lucked out. That connector with the 4 wires, red/black/yellow/white should be it. Red is power to the camera, and it's 6v, not 12. Get a Stepdown from eBay, wire into an ignition line. Black is gnd. Yellow and white are video + and -. Can't remember which way round. My estima was the same. Reason why I say you have lucked out is that I have just bought a 2010 vellfire, with dynamic steering overlay. The video does not go directly to the head unit, but via the park  assist ecu and where the guide lines are added. I believe you can tap into it at this point and then use that feed as video in for aftermarket units, but can't find the info anywhere yet 

• Like 1