Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

How to turn the key signal on/off model 2013. Please help.

Good morning everyone 

Finaly got my 1st vellfire on Friday. 

Golden eye edition 2013.

Does anybody know if there is a sequence to press on remote key to disable the signal transmition? (basicaly to turn off the keyless entry)?

This is possible on our Rav4. Pres and hold lock and double click on open and key stops transmitting the signal so nobody can come to try to steel it.

Obviously I tried this sequence on vellfire key but no luck.

Many thanks

14 hours ago, Honza said:

Good morning everyone 

Finaly got my 1st vellfire on Friday. 

Golden eye edition 2013.

Does anybody know if there is a sequence to press on remote key to disable the signal transmition? (basicaly to turn off the keyless entry)?

This is possible on our Rav4. Pres and hold lock and double click on open and key stops transmitting the signal so nobody can come to try to steel it.

Obviously I tried this sequence on vellfire key but no luck.

Many thanks

I've not found a method via fob, but you can do it via techstream, or an obd2 Bluetooth dongle

Thank you @Chris.ac  very impressive information, how and where did you find this?

Is this disabling reversible ? (Like repeat same sequence or something? )

Forgive me but I am not quite certain about meaning of the wording. Is this to only disable keyless entry or also remote opening and locking/unlocking of the doors? What is warning function? 

I am afraid this actually left me with more questions then when I asked 1st time 🤣🤣🤣

I do not expect you to know the answers but I am still curios😉

20 hours ago, Honza said:

Thank you @Chris.ac  very impressive information, how and where did you find this?

Is this disabling reversible ? (Like repeat same sequence or something? )

Forgive me but I am not quite certain about meaning of the wording. Is this to only disable keyless entry or also remote opening and locking/unlocking of the doors? What is warning function? 

I am afraid this actually left me with more questions then when I asked 1st time 🤣🤣🤣

I do not expect you to know the answers but I am still curios😉

I've not tried this manual method, i might have a go tomorrow with a spare fob.

The info comes from a Toyota training presentation, it describes all the electrical system changes from the 10 series to the 20 series

https://slideplayer.com/amp/10248235/

The warning function prevents you locking the vehicle from outside door controls whilst the key fob is inside the vehicle.

You can test this by lowering window (just to be sure), putting key in vehicle, get out and try locking doors by pressing button on handle, you should hear a long beep, and doors refuse to lock

Edited by Chris.ac