Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Aux input on headunit 2006 (56) Alphard 2.4

Posted (edited)

Hi Roger, found the brightness sliders today, both set in the middle, as you said, it is better but not greatest in bright sunlight as today

Edit, have ordered an english language owners manual/handbook from Amazon, and a GPS speedometer, importer has converte KMH to mph, but it is reading well above actual speed

Edited by rallychief

On 6/22/2024 at 3:43 PM, rallychief said:

Hi Roger, found the brightness sliders today, both set in the middle, as you said, it is better but not greatest in bright sunlight as today

Edit, have ordered an english language owners manual/handbook from Amazon, and a GPS speedometer, importer has converte KMH to mph, but it is reading well above actual speed

If your wheels and tyre combination are NOT to OEM sizes your speedo and odometer will be inaccurate.

Try willtheyfit, or something similar, as you can check errors 'magnitude' with non-standard tyre wheel combinations.

Thanks Roger, it has factory wheels, i have the GPS speedometer now, and it pretty much agrees with the speedo on the Alphard, so i think the GPS speed readout i was using which is part of MY Digtal OS mapping ( Memory Map )to check the Alphard, is actually not to accurate. fortunately the GPS speedo i bought has other functions, ie clock, compass overspeed warning, trip mileage and prob others i haven't found yet

One other niggle is the fairly constant chatter from a female Japanese voice, and the constant beeping, can either of these be turned off or disconnected

54 minutes ago, rallychief said:

One other niggle is the fairly constant chatter from a female Japanese voice, and the constant beeping, can either of these be turned off or disconnected

I think in Toyota Techstream you can turn off beeps, or at least change them.

Techstream is free, but you will need the correct cables.

Search the Forum for tips on which cables to buy.

I thought the Japanese lady was turned off via the stereo menus?  There isn't much that can be customised via techstream for the Gen 1.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Quick update, the dealer has now fitted this box, it is just a generic Android/Apple Car Play box, it expands the radio, but still has the japanese Frequency range 76-90 so you have no idea what actual frequency you have, its a guess to what programme you have, it's also impossible to navigate, it works through the TV button, so i have lost my Aux input, all in all a disaster

Edited by rallychief