Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Alphard importer found in Staffordshire

One of my recent posts where I asked about Cruise Control for my 2006 Alphard . I was helped by one of the moderators called Picasso . Very grateful for his input on the matter .After a little soul searching I decided against doing the conversion myself . The car I have has been really looked after , so, I didn`t want to spoil it. This said I found in a roundabout way a gentleman called Richard Morgan RSM autos from PENKRIDGE near Stafford  who is going to fit the cruise , so, just hope it all works . Also, he fits the alternative head units if you don`t want the Japanese one . I was given his name by a young man from W R Davies Stafford who was extremely helpful. ( Dave in Parts ) So, I will keep you all posted if the cruise works. Fingers crossed . 

• Like 1

Joe let me know how you get on I like to get cruise control fitted to mine if all goes well which I hope it does I wil, get his details off you 

No problem taking it Tuesday no idea how long the job will be but will let you know asap . Thanks again ! 

I'm not sure about the 2006 Alphard, but my 2008 2.4 Vellfire couldn't have  been easier.

My son did it for me, because he had more nimble fingers, but once you carefully take off the horn cover on the steering wheel, and lifted out the airbag, there are two screws to screw the lever in and plug it in. All the other wiring is already in the car!

My cruise control lever cost me £7.95 inc p+p!!! Well worth it.

I had a look on the internet a few weeks ago, for my neice (who has just bought a 58 reg Vellfire; after travelling in mine) and they are now around £13-£15. Another relative for a VW was quoted £800+ for his!!!

If you are unsure, most mecanics/ auto electricians can fit it.

I was told by my local Toyota dealer that modern British Toyota/Lexis models do not have the wiring in the harnesses, only the older models, over 8 years old.

Hope this has been helpful to people who are not sure about doing it?

The even better point is that when used, the petrol consumption goes down!!!

John Harrison. Wallasey, Wirral.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for input i would also wish you the best of luck with the cruise control, i would also like to know how much the job cost, lot of difference  between pricing, for £7. 95 i would have a go myself. Fuel consumption  going down, caching bonus. Thanks John for your input 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, derek sullivan said:

Thank you guys for input i would also wish you the best of luck with the cruise control, i would also like to know how much the job cost, lot of difference  between pricing, for £7. 95 i would have a go myself. Fuel consumption  going down, caching bonus. Thanks John for your input 😄

£7.95 seems a little cheap; but it should not cost much more.

This is not an uncommon upgrade, so some reading to do, but should be very easy.

If you hit a problem come back to the forum as there are members, and Staff, that should be able to resolve any issues.

The part numbers you need are available on this forum.

Good Luck, but you shouldn't need it.

Hi All especially John Harrison and Derek Sullivan Thanks for all of your input ref: the Cruise Control I am taking it in tomorrow .I will let you all know how much it cost I don`t expect it to be cheap it`s being done by RSM AUTOS of Penkridge but I am hoping it`s all done professionally, All good what I have heard about the company he has been importing Japanese vehicles for some time so, hopefully he can help. New to this site , and the way things work so, please bear with me .