Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Miles and Kilometres

Hi all,

my new to me alphard 2013 has had the speedo converted to mph, and I’ve tested the odometer that despite still saying km seems to be miles. 

do you know whether the km/l reading and km distance to empty would be miles as well? These seem harder to verify (to me!). 

thanks 

IMG_0415.thumb.jpeg.a178d87c2bcf3123f4223ae747a60437.jpegIMG_0417.thumb.jpeg.7364e96b61369d96ffeaf66abbb164e4.jpeg

Hello John if a chip has been fitted it should be showing mph on alphard 2006 onwards they are canbus system if you bought from dealer I would check with them have they fitted one I have attached picture of what a canbus chip looks like .Screenshot_20240728_162624_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7565ca80808da5cd0fd4041135c50910.jpg

I bought from a private importer not a dealer, but seeing as speed and odometer is registering miles I’m assuming it’s a chip as you say. My question though was on the km/ltr and distance to empty. Are you saying everything should be in miles? I.e. fuel consumption is 8.1 miles per km in the above?

also….myncar was showing 81km to empty (as above, maybe this is 81 miles) and only took 37 ltrs to fill up. Seems a bit low to to me, I’m unsure what the tank holds (mine is a 2013 hybrid). 

thanks again. 

2 hours ago, Picasso said:

Need to check with your importer did he fit a canbus chip before selling it to you .

If he did, would the readings i mentioned above be miles? Not just the speedo and odometer?

1 minute ago, Picasso said:

does the odometer read in miles 

I thought I was clear in my original post 😂 the speedo is in mph and the odometer says km but I have tested it with a distance travelled app and it appears to be miles.