Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Out of an E55 amg and looking for an Alphard

Literally the best thing I've ever bought!

Best car I've owned by a mile...I spent a long time waiting for the exact spec I wanted, and wasn't disappointed.

I've owned:

Mini 

Marcos Mini

Renault 19

Vauxhall Nova

Vauxhall Astra

Rover 25

Daewoo Matiz

Volvo 760

Volvo V40

Saab 9-3

Saab 9-5

Vauxhall Zafira

Deffo wanted sunroof/moonroof so I can clean the roof easier.

Curtains, because they're really cool to show off and I wanted to kip in the back-I've slept in no problem a couple of times now.

Didn't care about colour until I saw the Pearl white in the flesh- Just lovely when polished.

7 seater rather than 8, as I liked the spacious interior

3.0 litre for smoothness and not much difference in fuel consumption

All electric doors and boot. Again, so i can show off. Love them.

I also wanted but settled for not having:

leather seats- glad I didn't as my mates New Mercm C220 burns in the sun, and chilly in the winter

Rotating centre seats....Mine has footrests that I never use, so wish I did have spinny seats, though  not the end of the world.

4 wheel drive. Thought this was almost a compromise too far to not have, but so far not even thought about it until now since buying in March.

Mind you, no winter driving done yet.

I wanted and bought the MZ V 3.0 62k miles on clock-runs like new-belt changed and 2 year warranty on car

Fitted new stereo at great expense- regret spending so much on stupid cables, but very happy with sound on 10 speaker theatre sound through Kenwood double din.

I may add bigger alloys at some point, but that's it.

Be prepared for big fuel cost-especially at todays price of£1.52 per litre for Momentum 99 ron- you should use the good stuff.

60 litres each fill up gets around 320miles around the houses and work, and I had 410 with mix of a couple of motorway drives.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, Catweazle said:

Literally the best thing I've ever bought!

Best car I've owned by a mile...I spent a long time waiting for the exact spec I wanted, and wasn't disappointed.

I've owned:

Mini 

Marcos Mini

Renault 19

Vauxhall Nova

Vauxhall Astra

Rover 25

Daewoo Matiz

Volvo 760

Volvo V40

Saab 9-3

Saab 9-5

Vauxhall Zafira

I got mine as it was a camper van conversion from Wellhouse who I think make the best looking camper conversions. Like others on the site, I think it’s top -  it’s like riding in your favourite armchair! - I will be using as my daily driver too - like it more than the 2019 Range Rover Hybrid I was paying over a grand a month for!

Ive got a 3.0 4wd variant, and have an LPG conversion too so gas is 70p per litre UK average price! - totally recommend it!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI I px skoda Octavia estate tdi for my 2003 alphardG fuel quite heavy so sent it to Wales for lpg conversion rust protection and underseal.84ltr tank should hopefully bring me over 50mpg between both. I'll let you know cheers Gordi.

• Thanks 1