Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Front camera

hi, @Craigb you switch it on on the steering wheel, the camera goes on automatically when you put it in Drive, when you start driving it will go off, but when you slow down just before you come to a standstill it will come on again. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

The 'front' camera, if you have one looks sideways and downwards. Not straight ahead.

Great for 'Peep and Creep', and 'seeing how close you are at the front when parking.

It isn't a dashcam!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, I wonder anyone can help me out on the front camera wiring. I have the 10 series with front camera, but at some point the original head unit was changed. I took the front camera off and tested indoor and it work fine but the problem is I have no idea which colour wire or wires wired into the vehicle's head unit for the front camera to plug into. Anyone kindly advise ? May be a wiring diagram or a photo so that I can locate it and connect back to my head unit.

Thank you 

9 hours ago, AusToyota said:

Hi, I wonder anyone can help me out on the front camera wiring. I have the 10 series with front camera, but at some point the original head unit was changed. I took the front camera off and tested indoor and it work fine but the problem is I have no idea which colour wire or wires wired into the vehicle's head unit for the front camera to plug into. Anyone kindly advise ? May be a wiring diagram or a photo so that I can locate it and connect back to my head unit.

Thank you 

If you search through Chris.ac, and there are a lot of threads from Chris, you should be able to identify which sockets do what on the rear of your head unit (depending on which one you have).

• Like 1