Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2003 folding door mirrors

I’ve been getting to know my recently acquired Alphard and doing lots of button pressing. 
When I bought it the door mirrors used to fold when the door locked on the key remote….now they don’t, although they still fold in and out using the switch on the door.

Has anyone else had this issue and how do I fix it ?

Thanks

Mine has never done anything upon locking....only ever by pressing the switch to activate manually. I would like them to auto fold though.

Perhaps it needs to be "re-learned" Somehow like the sunroof and auto windows after the battery has been disconnected?

15 hours ago, Catweazle said:

Mine has never done anything upon locking....only ever by pressing the switch to activate manually. I would like them to auto fold though.

Perhaps it needs to be "re-learned" Somehow like the sunroof and auto windows after the battery has been disconnected?

Most likely you don't have folding mirror module fitted in as they don't come as standard. Folding mirrors module rely on the main mirror switch(need to be ON), there is no programming involved.

Edited by nov