Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Ive recently put a deposit on a Toyota Alphard coversion campervan which is a Japanese import.im reading they need to be undersealed I've asked the question to the dealer who said he waxes and oiles the underneath.silly question is this correct and how will I know it's been done

• 2 months later...

It's actually called waxoil. I'd is normally sprayed on. The vehicle will need to go on a hydraulic ramp so the mechanic can get to all of the underside. Well worth doing as the Japs do not use salt on their roads, so the underside won't corrode.😊

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/8/2021 at 1:04 PM, Gordio21 said:

Yes both and inside of body cavities which you can't get into without proper equipment

On 8/7/2021 at 11:28 AM, Gordio21 said:

I've just had mine done it is shiny black.£120.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Iain,

We had ours treated in 2022 and then checked last year to see if it needed 'topping up' (no need...).The treatment was upol with added waxoyl, our sprayer said the underside was clean enough to avoid prior steam cleaning, so it wasn't too pricey. Roads aren't salted in Japan, so I gather this is the reason that vehicles aren't undersealed. In the UK, on the other hand....

IMG_1188 underseal.jpg

IMG_1197 underseal.jpg

Edited by pcous

Hi Iain,

Gremlins in the last post - try again...

We had ours treated in 2022 and then checked last year to see if it needed 'topping up' (no need...).The treatment was upol with added waxoyl, our sprayer said the underside was clean enough to avoid prior steam cleaning, so it wasn't too pricey. Roads aren't salted in Japan, so I gather this is the reason that vehicles aren't undersealed. In the UK, on the other hand....

IMG_1188 underseal.jpg

IMG_1197 underseal.jpg