Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Headlights

Bearo

Hi ,

I hope all is well with everyone.

Where can I purchase new replacement headlights for our 2005 3.0 Alphard ?

We’ve had her for a couple of years and wanted to replace the yellowed lenses she currently has for hopefully new clear ones .

Have tried cleaning them which did polish them up but they are still a little yellow .

I’ve searched around and can’t seem to find anywhere who can supply them?

Can anyone help ?

Cheers

B

Look on eBay for people who are breaking old Alphard’s, there are a few although they will also likely be affected by opaque headlight glass.

will be cheaper and easier to keep cleaning, even to go to a professional and then, this is the important bit, to add a UV protector film or potion otherwise they do go off again quite soon.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:13 PM, Bearo said:

Hi ,

I hope all is well with everyone.

Where can I purchase new replacement headlights for our 2005 3.0 Alphard ?

We’ve had her for a couple of years and wanted to replace the yellowed lenses she currently has for hopefully new clear ones .

Have tried cleaning them which did polish them up but they are still a little yellow .

I’ve searched around and can’t seem to find anywhere who can supply them?

Can anyone help ?

Cheers

Go to You Tube or google and type headlight refurbishment this will show how it may look extreme but it works.

@John Sut 1 have you bought from them before?

On 9/20/2021 at 5:49 PM, John Sut 1 said:

Toyota Alphard Parts - Toyota Car & Auto Spare Parts - Genuine Online Car Parts Catalogue - Amayama

Click thru chassis no from log book and then year etc to find your model

Headlights are approx £500/£600 each

Put toyota part no into google and look for supplier to UK

Edited by charliec

Hi ....no i havent bought a headlight yet but its on my list of parts that i would like to replace.

im concentrating on fixing the lights and things that dont work at the moment so i can pass my MOT

i bought my first alphard last nov and have spent most of time fixing faults that were there when i bought it that started coming to my notice when i started driving and using the vehicle more.

Replaced 2 key fobs that didnt work

replaced battery that kept going flat

replaced brake pads that were gone

replaced o2 sensors due to intermittent engine warning light

replaced toyota badge on bonnet

fitted a new rear window wiper

took off spare wheel and painted frame and rusty yellow wheel 

took off back tail lights that were full of water and drilled small hole in bottom to release water

many other jobs still to do

Hi Mike I purchased mine for 2008 alphard from Nengun .you can look for the part numbers on site diagrams. I was worried that spending nearly 1200 quid with all the taxes and shipping I’d got the right part . It was worth it .However try your Toyota dealer I found out that they may import them for you .Good luck

John, is this the cause of your blown fuses ?

Water in your tail lights sounds like a potential short circuit.

Short circuits normally results in blown fuse(s). 

Focus on that leak before your MOT. How is the water getting in ?

A hole to let water out is probably not all you need to do.

I agree with Rojie, I think there is a more fundamental issue here as to how or where the water is getting into the lights. You need to remedy the source of that because simply making drainage holes is not really going to solve this long term. It’s probably just a rubber seal somewhere, can be repaired or replaced. Keep the rubber healthy with occasional wipe downs with silicone sprays, otherwise it dries and perishes and then cracks, and water can get in.