Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Help

Hi guys hope some one can help I picked up my new 3.0 alphard today I noticed my electric drivers side wing mirror would not fold in but passengers side would both tilt with the button now later on my radio has stopped working aftermarket one fitted and now passenger wing mirror not working or glass tilting question is do you think they share the same fuse have checked under bonnet main fuse box 25amp one and it's fine .

1 hour ago, Picasso said:

Hi guys hope some one can help I picked up my new 3.0 alphard today I noticed my electric drivers side wing mirror would not fold in but passengers side would both tilt with the button now later on my radio has stopped working aftermarket one fitted and now passenger wing mirror not working or glass tilting question is do you think they share the same fuse have checked under bonnet main fuse box 25amp one and it's fine .

OK, Picasso; you have helped so many of us, so let's (as a club) hope we can help you.

Clearly you have the correct Owners Manual, and have identified and checked the fuses.

I think Chris.ac has wiring diagrams, perhaps you could PM him and ask if he can help.

Is your vehicle a direct import or through a dealer ?

You may find it a difficult task, but go back to your dealer/importer and request their help.

My only thought is a battery disconnect; BUT, as far as I know, these features are not effected.

I very cautiously suggest you ensure your battery is fully charged, disconnect it, wait a few minutes and reconnect it.

Hopefully you can relearn the windows, moon roof and mirrors. I am guessing here.

I suppose it is possible you have fault issues. Do you have the auction sheet ?

Perhaps if you are able to decode it you may come across something that identifies a pre existing issue, or not.

Thank you I did buy it through a local dealer who I trust 100% will call him tomorrow not that worried about the radio All fuses OK I think it's blown the 15amp fuse built into the radio . I really like to get the mirrors working like you said I think it's a case of reseting them . I'm sure my dealer will help me .

23 minutes ago, Picasso said:

Thank you I did buy it through a local dealer who I trust 100% will call him tomorrow not that worried about the radio All fuses OK I think it's blown the 15amp fuse built into the radio . I really like to get the mirrors working like you said I think it's a case of reseting them . I'm sure my dealer will help me .

Depending on which 'radio' you have you may decide to upgrade it. Many do.

I have the usual HDD head unit, and many of us keep them as they are so good (although somewhat difficult to use unless you are fluent in verbal and written Japanese).

Many users upgrade, but just be careful you don't loose any functionality you need or care about.

Depending on your head unit, you can connect a smart phone via Bluetooth. Which, I believe, gives you major functionality.

Various head units are in the Owners Manual, as you know, but the HDD units (there are two that I know of) aren't.

Enjoy your Alphie.

I paid and had a kenwood unit fitted by my dealer was working fine all day then all off a sudden went off checked all alphard fuses but have found out there is a 15amp fuse built into back of radio . I guess it's that one blown will check tomorrow reverse camera worked but lost steering wheel functions 

I’d be suspecting a loose connection or some Mishap with the new radio install. Strange that it was all working and then started to fail. Try that 15a fuse but whilst you’re in there look for any loose connections.

29 minutes ago, wjvh said:

I’d be suspecting a loose connection or some Mishap with the new radio install. Strange that it was all working and then started to fail. Try that 15a fuse but whilst you’re in there look for any loose connections.

I agree with wjvh, losing the steering wheel functions, if they were working, after the radio install sounds suspicious.

Your dealer needs to check the Kenwood install for a stray wire end, or wiring error.