Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Mileage advice for 2003 alphard

Hi

Im looking to upgrade to an Alphard after driving a Kia Sedona for the past 7 years. Really need advice on what kind of mileage is end of life for them, i have seen some for my budget of £6000 at around 120,000 miles. Listed as fresh import. 

Any advice on the mileage and buying would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, Logosi said:

Hi

Im looking to upgrade to an Alphard after driving a Kia Sedona for the past 7 years. Really need advice on what kind of mileage is end of life for them, i have seen some for my budget of £6000 at around 120,000 miles. Listed as fresh import. 

Any advice on the mileage and buying would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum.

For your budget you should be able to get a nice vehicle with much less than 120k miles.

Do you want a 3litre V6, or a 2.4l 4 cylinder ?

Be wary of the mileage when looking at Alphards as the OEM speedometer is in Km.

If the machine is a recent import, ask to see the auction sheet which will declare the Km when it was auctioned.

When imported many are converted to miles; the odometer can be 'adjusted'. So its worth seeing the auction sheet.

These vehicles are becoming very popular, and, in my opinion, many are being imported by persons / companies that don't have experience with them.

Try and look for a supplier that does have a track record with Alphards.

Good luck, and Happy Motoring

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Logosi said:

@Rojie thanks for the advice, managed to shop around a foune one with 70k on the clock for the same from a dealer with plenty of positive reviews. Going for a look thursday. Many thanks.

if you get the chassis number you can get a CarVX report done for about £15 - it will tell you the official regulated auction milage at point of sell in Japan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Logosi

I took my 2006 van  (approx 60000 miles)  to my usual mechanic see if he would carry on doing my vehicles . He said it has the same 2.4 litre petrol engine

that I had in one of my previous RAV 4s a 2002 model.

This car did 260000 miles and the engine was still fantastic when I sold it using no oil  and cost me virtually nothing in engine repairs.

I hope this answers you question about reliability.