Jump to content

Camper Conversion


Recommended Posts

Has anyone used New Dawn Conversions?  Their pricing seems very similar to Northstar, wondering if anyone has used them and can recommend? Also wondering which to get done first if I have to split the conversion.  Elevating roof first or side conversion?  Not sure if it makes any difference. Any advice always gratefully received.

 

Thanks 😉

Edited by Pixdee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pixdee said:

Has anyone used New Dawn Conversions?  Their pricing seems very similar to Northstar, wondering if anyone has used them and can recommend? Also wondering which to get done first if I have to split the conversion.  Elevating roof first or side conversion?  Not sure if it makes any difference. Any advice always gratefully received.

 

Thanks 😉

 

In my opinion, New Dawn are one of the better convertors, similar to Northstar. Certainly, neither of them are new to 'the business'

 

Just consider, a pop top is a major structural project, fitting a side conversion is a medium project and should not affect the structural integrity of the vehicle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rojie said:

 

In my opinion, New Dawn are one of the better convertors, similar to Northstar. Certainly, neither of them are new to 'the business'

 

Just consider, a pop top is a major structural project, fitting a side conversion is a medium project and should not affect the structural integrity of the vehicle.

 

Just an afterthought.

 

Does your vehicle have a moon roof, or sun roof, or both ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rojie said:

 

Just an afterthought.

 

Does your vehicle have a moon roof, or sun roof, or both ?

That's interesting, thanks.  I hadn't heard of New Dawn but heard lots about Northstar.   No moon roof or sun roof.  Keen to have a scenic canvas for star gazing, New Dawn say they can fit to the Alphard. 🌙

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went with Northstar bce they had in the offer L-shape kitchen with wider bed and it was an opportunity to stay on the island for few nights.

 

At that time ND price for the type of the conversion was less appealing to myself.... same as many others mainland convertors.

 

Funny fact that some of the convertors are starting to copy Northstar design now, L-shape with wider bed. Personally I believe this is the way to go for the Alphard.

 

Northstar will have quicker turnaround, they can do it in few days... however it doesn't mean they are perfect 😉

 

I would suggest to do roof first as you will have less chances of you side conversion and bed getting damaged during the roof instalation.

Edited by nov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Authorised Trader
On 1/26/2022 at 3:59 PM, Pixdee said:

Has anyone used New Dawn Conversions?  Their pricing seems very similar to Northstar, wondering if anyone has used them and can recommend? Also wondering which to get done first if I have to split the conversion.  Elevating roof first or side conversion?  Not sure if it makes any difference. Any advice always gratefully received.

 

Thanks 😉

Haven't used any of those companies but if you need a quote please contact me I work at Funky Ram in Bristol and we do custom made conversions for Alphards   Please check out our facebook page or website.  Feel free to call me for more information 01179382383 Thanks GIlly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2022 at 9:01 AM, nov said:

Went with Northstar bce they had in the offer L-shape kitchen with wider bed and it was an opportunity to stay on the island for few nights.

 

At that time ND price for the type of the conversion was less appealing to myself.... same as many others mainland convertors.

 

Funny fact that some of the convertors are starting to copy Northstar design now, L-shape with wider bed. Personally I believe this is the way to go for the Alphard.

 

Northstar will have quicker turnaround, they can do it in few days... however it doesn't mean they are perfect 😉

 

I would suggest to do roof first as you will have less chances of you side conversion and bed getting damaged during the roof instalation.

Thanks for the advice.  Pretty much decided to go with Northstar now.  Like the idea of the wider RR.  Checked out ND for the roof and they're booked until November so I'll just get Northstar to do the lot. 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2022 at 1:04 PM, Gilly FR said:

Haven't used any of those companies but if you need a quote please contact me I work at Funky Ram in Bristol and we do custom made conversions for Alphards   Please check out our facebook page or website.  Feel free to call me for more information 01179382383 Thanks GIlly 

Thanks, I'll take a look 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.