Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Selling Seats Before Conversion

Pixdee

Has anyone managed to sell their Alphard seats before getting as conversion done?  Any suggestions of where to advertise them please.  I've looked on eBay but the seats there seem to have been there a while.

6 hours ago, Pixdee said:

Has anyone managed to sell their Alphard seats before getting as conversion done?  Any suggestions of where to advertise them please.  I've looked on eBay but the seats there seem to have been there a while.

Hi Pixdee,

There is a for sale section in this Forum.

There is a limited demand as most conversions involve removing the rear seats for rear conversions, and rows two and three for side conversions.

So there tends to be a surplus, and most go to the recyclers.

I suggest you describe them well or, even better, upload some photos.

Any potential buyer (or receiver) will want to know the colour (for matching), the material, which seats are available, condition of seats etc.

Are the seats from a seven or eight seater, etc. as the seat rails are different

As they a quite heavy, transport can be an expense too.

I would possibly be interested in the half leather rotating single middle seats from a seven seater.

3 hours ago, Pixdee said:

Hi Rojie

Thanks for the info, I had thought there would be a surplus.  My seats are all fabric and the beige colour, sadly not the half leather you're looking for.

I think it is still worth you posting some photos, you never know.

All it takes is a mishap, especially when carrying small children, and ....

Do yours have the ISO FIX system as that cold be important to some potential buyers ?

I had perfect condition black alcantara seats advertised on eBay/gumtree for months, eventually I took an offer of £25 to get space in the garage, saved me taking them to the dump I suppose!

I know, it is very frustrating.

I have a pair of rear seats, in full leather, that I am keeping for the leather.

May be able to make some coordinating bits and pieces at a later date.

Some dumps won't take them, they may need to be taken to a breakers yard.