Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ร—

New head unit

Hi all. Can anyone help me with a replacement head unit for my Toyota alphard ANH20W 2008/9 2.4. having a lot of conflicting info regarding plug n play. There seems to be a lot of differences between the cabling and ports on the rear of my original sterio. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As you can see I've added pictures of the back and front of the head unit which may help.inn24๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ˜Ž

IMG_20220314_145540.jpg

IMG_20220312_125636.jpg

I Wish I could be confident, attached is mine! from a 2010 3.5l 18speaker external amplifier, IPS (3cameras) TV, rear screen, Gbook, satnav.

ย 

I know the green/blue/brown are GVIF connectors , for things that are auxillary, such as intelligent parking assist, SATNAV, side/front camera (Rear is on one of the larger connectors, with a passthough to the IPS if it exists) DTV

ย 

The bottom left is GPS antenna.

ย 

I thought the green gvif might have been for hybrid, as seperate ecu feeds image to headunit.

ย 

All the wiring diagrammes I have managed to find only make minor mention of head unit connections, and I have not yet been able to find pin outs for these units. (I have pinouts from the Amplifier and rear camera.

IMG_20211026_150755.jpg

interestingly, by disconnecting some of the wiring associated to the cameras, I was presented with a larger image of the car with the sonar detection areas being displayed, and the dashboard displayed the sonar too, so there is someย  weirdness to how the information from the various ecus is linked and served to the headunit.

ย 

ย 

5 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

interestingly, by disconnecting some of the wiring associated to the cameras, I was presented with a larger image of the car with the sonar detection areas being displayed, and the dashboard displayed the sonar too, so there is someย  weirdness to how the information from the various ecus is linked and served to the headunit.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Hi Chris,

ย 

What you have experienced may, somehow, have defaulted to setting the Sonar parameters.

It's just a thought, as I know you are a Whiz on these electrical / electronics issues.

• 5 months later...
On 3/16/2022 at 1:16 PM, Chris.ac said:

I Wish I could be confident, attached is mine! from a 2010 3.5l 18speaker external amplifier, IPS (3cameras) TV, rear screen, Gbook, satnav.

ย 

I know the green/blue/brown are GVIF connectors , for things that are auxillary, such as intelligent parking assist, SATNAV, side/front camera (Rear is on one of the larger connectors, with a passthough to the IPS if it exists) DTV

ย 

The bottom left is GPS antenna.

ย 

I thought the green gvif might have been for hybrid, as seperate ecu feeds image to headunit.

ย 

All the wiring diagrammes I have managed to find only make minor mention of head unit connections, and I have not yet been able to find pin outs for these units. (I have pinouts from the Amplifier and rear camera.

IMG_20211026_150755.jpg

ย 

Hi

I found this harness that can work; haven't bought it as yet though!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B4PJQP26/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2N7CPKU52S8ZY&psc=1

ย 

Did you manage to find out a wiring diagram for your unit? I have identical system in my Estima.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Dein said:

ย 

Hi

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B4PJQP26/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2N7CPKU52S8ZY&psc=1

ย 

Did you manage to find out a wiring diagram for your unit? I have identical system in my Estima.

Cheers

Yes, I now have the wiring diagrams for 2008>2010 for the JDM version of the alphard, all the right sockets and wiring for the headunit

5 hours ago, Dein said:

ย 

Hi

ย 

Cheers

Yes, that convertor would work (MOST is the communications protocol for the amplifier etc, there is a fair amount of crossover between 2004>2012 between LIN, MOST and the video protocol using GVIF and LVDS)

ย 

ย 

4 minutes ago, Chris.ac said:

Yes, that convertor would work (MOST is the communications protocol for the amplifier etc, there is a fair amount of crossover between 2004>2012 between LIN, MOST and the video protocol using GVIF and LVDS)

ย 

ย 

Ok thank you for that info. I asked the supplier and he reckons that everything should work including the front and side cameras as well as the steering wheel controls.

Any chance of sharing the wiring diagram here?

Cheers

the brown socket on that head unit is used by the rear screen for the digitally superimposed info, such as volumn, icons, etc.

The blue is for the intelligent parking assist ecu connection (It feeds in the front and side cameras)

the 1st 2 connectors are both for the TV antennas, one at front of car and one at back (in spoiler)

the 3rd connector on the 2nd row is telematics (GBOOK, toyota connect, emergency services - it actually has a usb protocol, so would be interesting if we can reuse this for some other purpose) the 4th socket is the aux video/audio input.

the large socket on the bottom right is actually 2 sockets in one, the 8 pins on the left are the Amplifier connection.

ย 

ย 

1 minute ago, Dein said:

Ok thank you for that info. I asked the supplier and he reckons that everything should work including the front and side cameras as well as the steering wheel controls.

Any chance of sharing the wiring diagram here?

Cheers

it should do, the cameras will be on the blue connector in car, the box converts the video to regular phono lead, so it should show what you would ordinarily see - Not sure if it is interactive though, as I dont see how it will communicate back the other way.

ย 

the steering control is 3 wires on the main power plug, so this should be fine too

I don't want to get struck with a copyrght complaint, so have complied with sharing less than 20% - this shows the socket letters and pin numbers.

Interestingly, should be able to use the inbuilt microphone, with some careful testing (socket D pins 4,5,6,7,20)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chris.ac said:

image.png.e2bdba610c7d64f8b59c0d9a76f02b3b.pngimage.thumb.png.9990b6f8c2b00ee4aaf94410d6ec6ffd.pngimage.thumb.png.0c209b49a0e23ea6d10f64cd8317c65f.pngimage.thumb.png.54726982b3745e672a23ebe9e415f89b.png

Brilliant! Much appreciated! I have an old 10" Android head unit so I just want to try it out first to see ifit's worth getting the harness to use the 2 cameras etc.

Cheers

Just sharing some info here about this head unit for the benifit of anyone who may be interested!

There is a number on the bottom right of the unit possibly Toyota model number: 26059

The other relevent numbers are as below:

Toyota part number: 8610028134

Fujitsu ten part number: 1350017894A101

Fujitsu ten model: BT013A

ย 

As I mentioned in one of the posts above a wiring harness to install a 16 pin Android head unit is available at this link.

Hope this helps.

TU0Z_oP2qB-l6llcUsb-DTfjSAsboiYS_WFJQTSucPnFnTcvAunDGIL-PbLPzMtdzs5Q9INGtBqphM1WJPHmXRVpHF7uITzWiIwh1xZh7KFgQGSP82Ndi7K2IW3HQavXHDxnnxSLQKr928pvLR91NgYB1-GNq_2Mbik6qDrkqPdOcItRuLOFw9IsMO88g03yEnJLRxbYo_tICeVOo6Sarg6VmhzESJl7kB-q5cMpH5-jcswjMQJl9JRipP_DbB_2Mx_ZbLlVcgSV8SgSK6xpKrR910ZcSZ-MxxBpipePYgVD7jpwXqFt_XqBA4llHdw-3g9ariAxvMHkZ2PwkZRbHjbpOx9ltk4LgjPQlf8MkGaLqUYiONolhq9fTl6GBhfkzeXXuaWIzrgCQHQ2D8LnU4VN9ALb7sdbNVCZEHwT6i4AuZoxH_aD5cD3MC0Bf-sDTugpD4jLPd8GnV5tXbKXHwYDgWI6uz-dqTQSVB5bMdP7kV10knag6xVFBcruk-Gn1FM62pCbrYNPA7eQB8U6zUB2gndOP8ZfYlRXS8L2LZvENu7N_C3LQ9X2M9JEreU0tMTN2EeyrNQJNaYRe9h0gmbocJf_SKVCaC8_KIam_FvxePB_DZd83pyb_sl8OEEdZ-AG0_ZNuIGNjzG1RH7GiCHe7NhrL5SQxPKtzRbJbkY273G-dIo9nEDLg554kvGsrKsSef1VRXFXaP3_Nz6rZyTyaKRiKqZFzq4s5PeUPqjkD81f8tB0qMTFbHDKG1GzYumhMBaF99fM9mzvoufe9oNkC_2Kn7K3efCi61vHNo11VN0eOJvAUJlekpFTdg9FfeIDzQ6c2oMrNAxb2NY3CuD4L_SHJkQQtJGrmUrpLGju8IgmEpJwdyUXVZxvUy5Ic-MMJVCydBFjwnonMnseGG8iQe-6ZV24G3sJFognsgcqA2NOwFGrOXy-bH2kNRV_SPY9Q004hpTMy0G1Umf5pvScL1T771EJrVab5J1JCfbxLIbjd6oQKeAt77BAf2py-iScVFWpJioyt5z34Tkh=w1164-h873-no?authuser=0image.thumb.jpeg.691066d54477f06b02e2775ce8068677.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f01cea81cfb9f971c6ce8aabdb59a12a.jpeg

Edited by Dein

17 hours ago, Dein said:

Brilliant! Much appreciated! I have an old 10" Android head unit so I just want to try it out first to see ifit's worth getting the harness to use the 2 cameras etc.

Cheers

I PMed you a link to my google share, with the wiring diagram and manuals

ย 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 7:11 PM, Dein said:

Manuals in Japanese for imported cars and some head units can be found at the website below:

https://manual.toyota.jp/index.html

ย 

Yep, unfortunately in Japanese, I found those last year, before tracking down the english owners manual.

Thanks for the reminder of that link though

ย 

• 4 months later...

please help!

ย 

Good afternoon all, I have the same head unit in my Estima.

ย 

I can't find any harness for this model.

could any one tell me what is the output to speakers? it should pass through the amplifier in the connector A ? I should connect TX+ and TX- to control the amplifier ?

ย 

Thank you very much.

On 2/14/2023 at 1:40 PM, Nait said:

please help!

ย 

Good afternoon all, I have the same head unit in my Estima.

ย 

I can't find any harness for this model.

could any one tell me what is the output to speakers? it should pass through the amplifier in the connector A ? I should connect TX+ and TX- to control the amplifier ?

ย 

Thank you very much.

Post image of head unit and connectors, is it really the same as the Alphard?

What year?

On 2/22/2023 at 11:47 AM, Chris.ac said:

Post image of head unit and connectors, is it really the same as the Alphard?

What year?

Thanks Chris!

The head unit is exactly the same as Alphard above, is Toyota estima hybrid 2009.

I connected the rest but I am not sure about the Audio Output.

thanks for any help.

img.jpeg

1 hour ago, Nait said:

Thanks Chris!

The head unit is exactly the same as Alphard above, is Toyota estima hybrid 2009.

I connected the rest but I am not sure about the Audio Output.

thanks for any help.

img.jpeg

ย 

No, this is not the unit I detailed, but it is what the original poster put up.ย 

ย 

Can you confirm that you have the super live sound system? 11 speakers, this uses an 8 channel amplifier, the one I detailed is the premium system with a 16 channel amp.ย