Jump to content
Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Series 20 Alphard Vellfire 11” Android head unit.


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 6:23 PM, Rojie said:

Ben Hau appears to be able to offer an 11 inch head unit for the Series 20.

 

Please search YouTube if you have an interest.

But not if you have Theatre Sound apparently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Send John lau a message. He lives in Falkirk Scotland. I've had the same problems. He is sorting it all out for mine.   you pay him and his supplier sends what you need to your home. Unless you live in Scotland. Especially if you have the theatre sound system. Ian24.

Edited by Ian24
Spelling mistake
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ian24 said:

Check this out.😎👍

 

 

looks nice, but i really like the functionality of the original cameras, they are perfectly calibrated for reversing into spaces and kerbside parking, and the guidelines work flawlessly..

 

SO we need a modern HD screen like this, but with the inputs for the OEM parking assist ecu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Chris.ac said:

 

 

looks nice, but i really like the functionality of the original cameras, they are perfectly calibrated for reversing into spaces and kerbside parking, and the guidelines work flawlessly..

 

SO we need a modern HD screen like this, but with the inputs for the OEM parking assist ecu.

 

Yes, I value those front and rear cameras too. Very useful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

Surely by now, someone must make a head unit that does all that this unit does, plus has inputs for the front and side cameras!

 

Clarion I believe, but wallet busting !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 4/17/2022 at 1:28 PM, Chris.ac said:

 

 

looks nice, but i really like the functionality of the original cameras, they are perfectly calibrated for reversing into spaces and kerbside parking, and the guidelines work flawlessly..

 

SO we need a modern HD screen like this, but with the inputs for the OEM parking assist ecu.

Hi Chris. Ive just picked up my 2011 vellfire with 18 speakers and 3 cameras/park assist and want to keep the lot aswel as hopefully having a touch screen to control a new interface say carplay. I just wondered how you have got on? did you get anywhere with your research?

Cheers

Stu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2023 at 2:44 PM, StuVelly said:

Hi Chris. Ive just picked up my 2011 vellfire with 18 speakers and 3 cameras/park assist and want to keep the lot aswel as hopefully having a touch screen to control a new interface say carplay. I just wondered how you have got on? did you get anywhere with your research?

Cheers

Stu

Well, I since learned and discussed elsewhere, the parking assist ecu is responsible and uses the GVIF (Blue USB like connector) to transmit to the headunit and receive back the necessary images.

You can buy a GVIF to phono adaptor that will allow the images from the ECU to be displayed on any headunit that accepts a phono input.

The original dashboard button on the right of steering wheel will continue to allow you to switch between images

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
On 10/13/2023 at 11:09 PM, Chris.ac said:

Well, I since learned and discussed elsewhere, the parking assist ecu is responsible and uses the GVIF (Blue USB like connector) to transmit to the headunit and receive back the necessary images.

You can buy a GVIF to phono adaptor that will allow the images from the ECU to be displayed on any headunit that accepts a phono input.

The original dashboard button on the right of steering wheel will continue to allow you to switch between images

 

Hi Chris,

 

I searched high and low for my Vellfire 2011 stock camera mirror and front to work. But to no avail. 

 

I bought the LVDS to CVBS adapter and got everything wired up. Using AUX input from my head unit, I couldn't get any signal or video feed at all.

 

I am wondering is there anything that needs to trigger the IPA ECU? I did try pusing the camera button on the right, but there wasn't any respond at all.

 

Is the MOST Interface is a must to get the IPA system to be turned on?

 

Btw, the diagram is not really specific to my model. I just get the closest diagram i could get.

FYI - My Vellfire is 18 speakers with 3 cameras.

 

What did I do wrong here?

Many thanks in advance!

 

Danny

Canbus LVDS.jpeg

circuit.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2022 at 6:23 PM, Rojie said:

Ben Hau appears to be able to offer an 11 inch head unit for the Series 20.

 

Please search YouTube if you have an interest.

Don't think that is an 11 inch, looks exactly the same as mine which is 10 inch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2023 at 4:09 PM, Chris.ac said:

Well, I since learned and discussed elsewhere, the parking assist ecu is responsible and uses the GVIF (Blue USB like connector) to transmit to the headunit and receive back the necessary images.

You can buy a GVIF to phono adaptor that will allow the images from the ECU to be displayed on any headunit that accepts a phono input.

The original dashboard button on the right of steering wheel will continue to allow you to switch between images

I don't have a blue connector to the head unit. Should there be one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Laurence said:

I don't have a blue connector to the head unit. Should there be one?

If you only have a rear camera, no.

The blue connector is the IPA (intelligent parking assist) connection, which is present if you have front or side cameras.

 

If you only have rear camera, it's connected directly to the head unit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have four cameras. Rear, each door mirror and front grill. The only two connectors that are not off white are grey and although separate at the head unit, join further back and dissapear into the same loom. There are white wraps around the cable ends but no writing is visable.

No worries, I can connect my new rear camera to the Pioneer head unit and live without the other cameras.

I'm starting to think my car is different to everyone else's. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.