Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Series 20 Alphard Vellfire 11” Android head unit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 6:23 PM, Rojie said:

Ben Hau appears to be able to offer an 11 inch head unit for the Series 20.

Please search YouTube if you have an interest.

But not if you have Theatre Sound apparently. 

Send John lau a message. He lives in Falkirk Scotland. I've had the same problems. He is sorting it all out for mine.   you pay him and his supplier sends what you need to your home. Unless you live in Scotland. Especially if you have the theatre sound system. Ian24.

Edited by Ian24
Spelling mistake

16 hours ago, Ian24 said:

Check this out.😎👍

looks nice, but i really like the functionality of the original cameras, they are perfectly calibrated for reversing into spaces and kerbside parking, and the guidelines work flawlessly..

SO we need a modern HD screen like this, but with the inputs for the OEM parking assist ecu.

19 minutes ago, Chris.ac said:

looks nice, but i really like the functionality of the original cameras, they are perfectly calibrated for reversing into spaces and kerbside parking, and the guidelines work flawlessly..

SO we need a modern HD screen like this, but with the inputs for the OEM parking assist ecu.

Yes, I value those front and rear cameras too. Very useful.

44 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

Surely by now, someone must make a head unit that does all that this unit does, plus has inputs for the front and side cameras!

Clarion I believe, but wallet busting !

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2022 at 1:28 PM, Chris.ac said:

Hi Chris. Ive just picked up my 2011 vellfire with 18 speakers and 3 cameras/park assist and want to keep the lot aswel as hopefully having a touch screen to control a new interface say carplay. I just wondered how you have got on? did you get anywhere with your research?

Cheers

Stu

On 10/12/2023 at 2:44 PM, StuVelly said:

Hi Chris. Ive just picked up my 2011 vellfire with 18 speakers and 3 cameras/park assist and want to keep the lot aswel as hopefully having a touch screen to control a new interface say carplay. I just wondered how you have got on? did you get anywhere with your research?

Cheers

Stu

Well, I since learned and discussed elsewhere, the parking assist ecu is responsible and uses the GVIF (Blue USB like connector) to transmit to the headunit and receive back the necessary images.

You can buy a GVIF to phono adaptor that will allow the images from the ECU to be displayed on any headunit that accepts a phono input.

The original dashboard button on the right of steering wheel will continue to allow you to switch between images

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/13/2023 at 11:09 PM, Chris.ac said:

Well, I since learned and discussed elsewhere, the parking assist ecu is responsible and uses the GVIF (Blue USB like connector) to transmit to the headunit and receive back the necessary images.

You can buy a GVIF to phono adaptor that will allow the images from the ECU to be displayed on any headunit that accepts a phono input.

The original dashboard button on the right of steering wheel will continue to allow you to switch between images

Hi Chris,

I searched high and low for my Vellfire 2011 stock camera mirror and front to work. But to no avail. 

I bought the LVDS to CVBS adapter and got everything wired up. Using AUX input from my head unit, I couldn't get any signal or video feed at all.

I am wondering is there anything that needs to trigger the IPA ECU? I did try pusing the camera button on the right, but there wasn't any respond at all.

Is the MOST Interface is a must to get the IPA system to be turned on?

Btw, the diagram is not really specific to my model. I just get the closest diagram i could get.

FYI - My Vellfire is 18 speakers with 3 cameras.

What did I do wrong here?

Many thanks in advance!

Danny

Canbus LVDS.jpeg

circuit.JPG

On 4/2/2022 at 6:23 PM, Rojie said:

Ben Hau appears to be able to offer an 11 inch head unit for the Series 20.

Please search YouTube if you have an interest.

Don't think that is an 11 inch, looks exactly the same as mine which is 10 inch. 

On 10/13/2023 at 4:09 PM, Chris.ac said:

I don't have a blue connector to the head unit. Should there be one?

3 hours ago, Laurence said:

I don't have a blue connector to the head unit. Should there be one?

If you only have a rear camera, no.

The blue connector is the IPA (intelligent parking assist) connection, which is present if you have front or side cameras.

If you only have rear camera, it's connected directly to the head unit.

I have four cameras. Rear, each door mirror and front grill. The only two connectors that are not off white are grey and although separate at the head unit, join further back and dissapear into the same loom. There are white wraps around the cable ends but no writing is visable.

No worries, I can connect my new rear camera to the Pioneer head unit and live without the other cameras.

I'm starting to think my car is different to everyone else's. lol

• 3 months later...
On 3/26/2024 at 8:26 AM, dannyko said:

Hi Chris,

I searched high and low for my Vellfire 2011 stock camera mirror and front to work. But to no avail. 

I bought the LVDS to CVBS adapter and got everything wired up. Using AUX input from my head unit, I couldn't get any signal or video feed at all.

I am wondering is there anything that needs to trigger the IPA ECU? I did try pusing the camera button on the right, but there wasn't any respond at all.

Is the MOST Interface is a must to get the IPA system to be turned on?

Btw, the diagram is not really specific to my model. I just get the closest diagram i could get.

FYI - My Vellfire is 18 speakers with 3 cameras.

What did I do wrong here?

Many thanks in advance!

Danny

Canbus LVDS.jpeg

Hello there, did you figure this out? I am in the same situation.. cannot get the front and side camera show up. This is the unit I am working on... looks like we have the same version decoder box. 

IMG_3260.thumb.jpg.c59d5944d3c5147231cd9fffe2b17d89.jpgIMG_3363.thumb.jpg.474fad0dc2b02efce9cffeebb687835f.jpg

Latest from China. It is very nice, plug and play install on 08-14 alphard/vellfire. 11.5inch 2k screen, steering wheel contorl works, factory JBL system works and supposedly 270 camera too. However I can only get the reverse camera to work, as soon as I plug in that decoder box all camera lost singal 😟 They did show me it works on their testing vechicles, but I couldn't figure it out...

Edited by opelrsx

On 7/18/2024 at 10:36 PM, opelrsx said:

Latest from China. It is very nice, plug and play install on 08-14 alphard/vellfire. 11.5inch 2k screen, steering wheel contorl works, factory JBL system works and supposedly 270 camera too. However I can only get the reverse camera to work, as soon as I plug in that decoder box all camera lost singal 😟 They did show me it works on their testing vechicles, but I couldn't figure it out...

Hey Opelrsx,

Sorry for late reply.

I didnt manage to get it to work. Is your supplier using the same box or the bigger one with MOST capability? 

If your supplier showed that they could get it to work on their test vehicle, then they'll be able to show you how to connect.

Some notes on my side, i connected everything, but it seems we haven't get to activate the signal to turn on the front camera and side. My ANH20 has the button on the right side which to activate the camera on stock HU. But since the original HU replaced, the Park Asssist (PA) Unit didn't receive any signal to activate the camera hence we unable to get video footage.

At these that is what I suspect as the camera is controlling the signal to PA ECU.

Do contact your supplier and share some info so that I can test out on my end also. I still got the thing attached to my vehicle though.

52 minutes ago, dannyko said:

Hey Opelrsx,

Sorry for late reply.

I didnt manage to get it to work. Is your supplier using the same box or the bigger one with MOST capability? 

If your supplier showed that they could get it to work on their test vehicle, then they'll be able to show you how to connect.

Some notes on my side, i connected everything, but it seems we haven't get to activate the signal to turn on the front camera and side. My ANH20 has the button on the right side which to activate the camera on stock HU. But since the original HU replaced, the Park Asssist (PA) Unit didn't receive any signal to activate the camera hence we unable to get video footage.

At these that is what I suspect as the camera is controlling the signal to PA ECU.

Do contact your supplier and share some info so that I can test out on my end also. I still got the thing attached to my vehicle though.

I had a call with the unit factory tech last night. He said it doesn't work on OEM 270... only works on OEM 360. Does ANH20 had OEM 360 at all? He said 2012~2015 model year had 360 option instead of 270. I cannot confirm that... but anyways, I give up on that, at least reverse camera works, lol...  installed the unit this morning, it is pretty nice. 

12 hours ago, opelrsx said:

I had a call with the unit factory tech last night. He said it doesn't work on OEM 270... only works on OEM 360. Does ANH20 had OEM 360 at all? He said 2012~2015 model year had 360 option instead of 270. I cannot confirm that... but anyways, I give up on that, at least reverse camera works, lol...  installed the unit this morning, it is pretty nice. 

yeah... it seems like it. Mine is 2011 - 270 model. Therefore it wont work unless we get MOST decoder. Like I shared before, the MOST box supposed to activate the PA unit. Ours little box wont work as no signal being sent. Unless someone here able to get it work regardless. 

Anyway, on side note though, my HU comes with DSP built-in but not much to push the volume up. I then added another DSP specifically just to push all 18 speakers (17 speakers + 1 subwoofer). It works great.