Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Parking guides no longer showing

Hi all, 

The yellow parking guides on my reverse camera no longer appear. I have been sat in her for about an hour this evening with Google translate trying to work out  how to get them back with no luck. Was hoping someone on here might be able to help ! Does the JPNZ owners manual say where this mysterious button is located ?!? Many thanks ☺️ 

12 hours ago, BeccaMillington said:

Hi all, 

The yellow parking guides on my reverse camera no longer appear. I have been sat in her for about an hour this evening with Google translate trying to work out  how to get them back with no luck. Was hoping someone on here might be able to help ! Does the JPNZ owners manual say where this mysterious button is located ?!? Many thanks ☺️ 

Hello Becca,

Welcome to the Forum.

Has anyone been 'playing' with your head unit.

Had it been replaced ?

I'll check my JPNZ manual, you should buy one if you haven't already.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Hello Becca,

Welcome to the Forum.

Had it been replaced ?

Have not found anything yet.

Eightseater.blogspot.com unhelpful (great site) too.

I'll check my Japanese manuals later. Bound to be in there somewhere!

If I find the correct page I'll try and contact a member who reads Japanese to help out.

10 hours ago, Rojie said:

Hello Becca,

Welcome to the Forum.

Had it been replaced ?

Hey Rojie, 

thanks very much I have found it very useful indeed! 
They actually disappeared right after I got a rear conversion and second battery fitted. So I don’t think they would have needed to touch the head unit? 
yes I am going to purchase a manual ! 
many thanks for your reply ! 

battery change might have triggered it? Often radio code loss / needing reset, is similar unintended consequence of battery supply being interrupted during change. It should ideally be done with alternate power supply attached to battery terminals, so car doesn't have power loss and get some sort of "reset". I'm no expert but from what I've seen, this is my guess.

9 hours ago, Teekay said:

battery change might have triggered it? Often radio code loss / needing reset, is similar unintended consequence of battery supply being interrupted during change. It should ideally be done with alternate power supply attached to battery terminals, so car doesn't have power loss and get some sort of "reset". I'm no expert but from what I've seen, this is my guess.

I don't think Gen 1 head units use radio codes.

I have never had to renter it in my 2006 MZG Alphie despite a flat battery on occasion.

Just now, Rojie said:

I don't think Gen 1 head units use radio codes.

I have never had to renter it in my 2006 MZG Alphie despite a flat battery on occasion.

Sorry I didn't write it clearly, I mean in generic sense how cars behave. It is my guess as to what might have happened. May be I should stop guessing 🙂

On 6/4/2022 at 10:36 PM, BeccaMillington said:

Hi all, 

Once sorted will be good to post the resolution / update here 

12 hours ago, Teekay said:

Once sorted will be good to post the resolution / update here 

The JPNZ Owners Manual for the Gen 1 does not feature the HDD Head Unit.

If you have the HDD head unit, your best bet is eightseater,blogspot.com; but this yellow line issue is not, as far as I am aware, included therein.

We have a Forum member who reads Japanese; I need to remember who it is, then supply an OEM  page number to him for translation.

On 6/4/2022 at 10:36 PM, BeccaMillington said:

Hi all, 

What head unit do you have ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 9:40 PM, BeccaMillington said:

Hey Rojie, 

thanks very much I have found it very useful indeed! 
They actually disappeared right after I got a rear conversion and second battery fitted. So I don’t think they would have needed to touch the head unit? 
yes I am going to purchase a manual ! 
many thanks for your reply ! 

Hello Becca,

Have you resolved this yet ?

Do you have the original Japanese Hand Book for the head unit ?

There is one with 480 pages.

From page 400, there is a section on the reverse parking guides.

If you have the manual, you will need Google Translate on your phone.

You can use the camera phone to read the Japanese and Google will translate it.

(I don't have a smart phone).