Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2011 Alphard 2.4 Petrol Intermittent dash warning lights.

Hi, 

Hoping someone can help.

Currently experiencing intermittent dash warning lights and message check VSC system , comes on every journey after approx 10mins of driving.

All local garages contacted so far have been unable to provide a fault code scan , I purchased a ODB scanner however this will not connect.

Can anyone advise of a garage or a forum member local to the Bournemouth area who might be able to do a fault code scan?

Many thanks, Bryn.

PXL_20220602_150126766.MP.jpg

2 hours ago, Bryn said:

Hi, 

Hoping someone can help.

Currently experiencing intermittent dash warning lights and message check VSC system , comes on every journey after approx 10mins of driving.

All local garages contacted so far have been unable to provide a fault code scan , I purchased a ODB scanner however this will not connect.

Can anyone advise of a garage or a forum member local to the Bournemouth area who might be able to do a fault code scan?

Many thanks, Bryn.

What model make obd scanner did you connect? Get decent one, cheap ones are paperweights (things that use to exist..). Let me dig the obd scanner recommended to me 

By the way how old is your car? How many miles?

13 hours ago, Bryn said:

Hi, 

Hoping someone can help.

Many thanks, Bryn.

Ypou need the Icarsoft scanner, here is a link to one on amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/iCarsoft-i905-professional-diagnostic-diagnosis/dp/B00P0YKMJK

I had one and worked great. Solved the issue and sold it on. It even does live scanning too. 

These are easy to resell on

You will find that you need JOBD as a lot of european OBD scanners will not work on Japanese imports.

Probably find it's just a sensor, MAF, Lamda sensor etc. Do you have LPG installed??

BTW Bryn, I am local, shame i no longer have the scanner.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Teekay said:

What model make obd scanner did you connect? Get decent one, cheap ones are paperweights (things that use to exist..). Let me dig the obd scanner recommended to me 

By the way how old is your car? How many miles?

Thanks for the help , its a 2011 2.4 with  approx 40K on it.

10 hours ago, Alphard Club said:

Ypou need the Icarsoft scanner, here is a link to one on amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/iCarsoft-i905-professional-diagnostic-diagnosis/dp/B00P0YKMJK

I had one and worked great. Solved the issue and sold it on. It even does live scanning too. 

These are easy to resell on

You will find that you need JOBD as a lot of european OBD scanners will not work on Japanese imports.

Probably find it's just a sensor, MAF, Lamda sensor etc. Do you have LPG installed??

BTW Bryn, I am local, shame i no longer have the scanner.

Much appreciated Admin , I did have a look online for the scanner you suggested but it appears discontinued . Looking into the suitability of the following which is from the same manufacturer 

https://www.diagnostic-world.com/pages/list_of_all_auto_diagnostic_tools_273181-z=960089&p=131656.cfm#content_item_131656

No I don't have LPG , my gut instinct says its a faulty ABS sensor  but only a scan will confirm one way or the other

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

Thanks for the help , its a 2011 2.4 with  approx 40K on it.

That's low milage. Bit of a tangent but did you import it yourself / got the mileage verified? Possible the odometer was tampered?

Imported from Singapore through Algys . Interior and exterior very clean almost mint although the roof had been scraped and had to be resprayed. The speedo was changed by IVA at Southampton. I contacted the selling garage and the Singapore MOT people but both were unhelpful. They do not have a system of MOT mileage checks.

Even though it has VSC warning doesnt mean its anything to do with that. I had same warning when i had a lamda sensor go on my series 1. 

Also that scanner looks good, it lists Alphard 

May see you about town sometime, i have a black 2008 20 series, i have only seen 2 others in Bournemouth so far, white and black.

• 6 months later...
15 hours ago, maq said:

Did you make any progress?

Yes the matter is now resolved, thanks .

The vehicle was returned to Algy motors in Southampton who carried out a fault code scan who suggested that the MAF was faulty , I replaced the MAF but this didn't improve matters. I then purchased a hookie copy of Techstream software and cable from Ebay for about £40, plugged it in and checked the balance of short term and long term fuel trims which indicated a vacuum leak somewhere, then used a water misting spray over the engine with it running to locate the vacuum leak which was tracked back to a vacuum hose on the air box - with that fixed and codes cleared everything now running 100%. 

3 hours ago, Bryn said:

Yes the matter is now resolved, thanks .

The vehicle was returned to Algy motors in Southampton who carried out a fault code scan who suggested that the MAF was faulty , I replaced the MAF but this didn't improve matters. I then purchased a hookie copy of Techstream software and cable from Ebay for about £40, plugged it in and checked the balance of short term and long term fuel trims which indicated a vacuum leak somewhere, then used a water misting spray over the engine with it running to locate the vacuum leak which was tracked back to a vacuum hose on the air box - with that fixed and codes cleared everything now running 100%. 

Hmmm... I'm getting same issues. Mine is 2012 model.

What made you buy techstream software?

5 hours ago, maq said:

My engine cuts out after around 10mins when warning lights come on the dashboard!

On 12/24/2022 at 6:07 PM, maq said:

Techstream is an official tool for diagnosis of toyota from 1996.

Fully supports JDM vehicles.

If you have a laptop, it is the best tool for under £50 - you can buy VCI cable and copy of techstream on ebay.

2 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

Techstream is an official tool for diagnosis of toyota from 1996.

Fully supports JDM vehicles.

If you have a laptop, it is the best tool for under £50 - you can buy VCI cable and copy of techstream on ebay.

Thank you