Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Toyota repair kit and Alphards / Vellfire - suitable?

Many Toyotas these days don't have any spare tyres, but the car comes with a puncture repair kit (basically a pump and liquid bottle that seals the puncture).

Alphards and Vellfires are obviously fitted with spare tyre, at least Gen 1&2. Does anyone know if these puncture repair kits are suitable for beastly vans?

Example EBAY LINK

By the way this might be of particular interest if anyone thinking about lpg conversion and remove the spare tyre for fitted spare gas cylinder.

Edited by MonsterS
Editing link so it does not send a commission for clicking it

1 hour ago, Alphard Club said:

also recommend using a product called Slime, theres a bunch on ebay 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/slime-puncture-repair/bn_7024942595

Basically it sits in your tyre and coats the inside. Any nail goes in to the tyre is instantly sealed. 

Great for Motorcycles too.

Thanks Admin, thats helpful, as I plan to manage without spare tyres, all this will go to top of potential shopping list

I have posted ebay links and got in so much trouble getting warned / points etc. Confused what is the deal with ebay link? Usually I try to remove everything other than the item code - I am not going to benefit from any way. It will good if a clarification is posted / some rules for forum that we can refresh/remind ourselves

1 hour ago, Alphard Club said:

also recommend using a product called Slime, theres a bunch on ebay 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/slime-puncture-repair/bn_7024942595

Basically it sits in your tyre and coats the inside. Any nail goes in to the tyre is instantly sealed. 

Great for Motorcycles too.

So basically the original question that MPVs heavy and 8 seater, can also potentially use these products. I will continue my reserch into the topic and share my finding but encouraged so far that it is not a 'no-go zone' for Alphards