Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Rear park sensors

4 hours ago, Puss said:

Hi guys 

Does anyone know if rear parking sensors need to be calibrated on a 2004 Alphard

Not heard of that for the rear sonar sensors, but the warning changes with proximity.

What warning are you receiving ?

14 hours ago, Catweazle said:

My rear left keeps beeping when braking. A re-calibration or something similar would be great!

if these are making a noise when braking then I would check to see you are not getting earthing issue or some kind of electrical fault. Not saying this is the issue but worth checking. 

Ask someone to press the brake to see if all the lights work properly and that no other lights come on when braking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Catweazle said:

Good advice, thanks i'll take a look asap.

Steve is probably right, but tracking down earthing problems can be fun; as any Lotus owner may tell you.

Hi guys,

Checked over the Brake lights, and they all seem to be working fine.

Only does it with a passenger in front, or on a hot day weirdly.

The paint is a bit flaky on it, but made sure there are no obstructions by removing loose bits and cleaning.

Still does it randomly under braking.

Does anyone know how accessible the rear sensors are?

I don't have easy access uinder the car unfortunately, but happy to get dirty and slither under!

10 minutes ago, Catweazle said:

Hi guys,

Checked over the Brake lights, and they all seem to be working fine.

Only does it with a passenger in front, or on a hot day weirdly.

The paint is a bit flaky on it, but made sure there are no obstructions by removing loose bits and cleaning.

Still does it randomly under braking.

Does anyone know how accessible the rear sensors are?

I don't have easy access uinder the car unfortunately, but happy to get dirty and slither under!

Are you sure its the actual sensor? there is a passenger sensor in the front seat that will chime if a passenger is not wearing a belt and that could have a fault that needs a new buckle? Do you get anything on the dash to suggest rear sensor?

Yeah, deffo reverse sensor as I have a funky led image of the 4 corners of the car that light up. I can turn it off, but obvs I would like it to continue working as it was.