Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Keyless entry

celiahen

I have a 2006 2.4 petrol Alphard and after quite a few flat and recharged battery issues due to lack of use during COVID and winter months my keyless entry no longer works.   The batteries in the keys and security system are ok as I've replaced one set but none of the 4 work so I assume that isn't the problem.  The car battery is charged and starts it ok and the automatic locking once driving also works so I assume it just needs reprogramming.  I've tried the routine I found on Google but don't think it's the right one for my model.   I haven't checked the fuse which I think is number 11 as it appears to be a 30amp and no spare but don't think the auto locking would work if that was blown.  

My car battery is probably a bit weak now so would a new one fix it or do I just need to re programme.    Anyone any bright ideas?   Will try and get a diagnostic on it soon but imports are a bit of a head scratched.   Even new wiper blades are complicated 🤣

13 hours ago, celiahen said:

I have a 2006 2.4 petrol Alphard and after quite a few flat and recharged battery issues due to lack of use during COVID and winter months my keyless entry no longer works.   The batteries in the keys and security system are ok as I've replaced one set but none of the 4 work so I assume that isn't the problem.  The car battery is charged and starts it ok and the automatic locking once driving also works so I assume it just needs reprogramming.  I've tried the routine I found on Google but don't think it's the right one for my model.   I haven't checked the fuse which I think is number 11 as it appears to be a 30amp and no spare but don't think the auto locking would work if that was blown.  

My car battery is probably a bit weak now so would a new one fix it or do I just need to re programme.    Anyone any bright ideas?   Will try and get a diagnostic on it soon but imports are a bit of a head scratched.   Even new wiper blades are complicated 🤣

Hello Celia,

Welcome to the Forum.