Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Right power slide door

Hi Everyone I’m new here and new to Alphard’s…..on my dash buttons on the right side of the steering wheel ,I have AC 100w switch ,then the power slide left switch but no power slide right switch . It’s just a blank fill in .When I open the right power slide door it’s makes a beep but is manual , inside the door it also has a switch to open it ,one presumes because it should be powered ( although confusingly it makes a beep). 

I hope (A) that makes some sense and (B) has anyone got some explanation please. Can I assume both doors should be power slide ? Also the button cluster on the dash has a new additional fog light switch and I was wondering if maybe they used the wiring from the right door for the fog light and blanked it off. 
Hope this isn’t too daft a question cheers 

4 hours ago, Bobz189 said:

Hi Everyone I’m new here and new to Alphard’s…..on my dash buttons on the right side of the steering wheel ,I have AC 100w switch ,then the power slide left switch but no power slide right switch . It’s just a blank fill in .When I open the right power slide door it’s makes a beep but is manual , inside the door it also has a switch to open it ,one presumes because it should be powered ( although confusingly it makes a beep). 

I hope (A) that makes some sense and (B) has anyone got some explanation please. Can I assume both doors should be power slide ? Also the button cluster on the dash has a new additional fog light switch and I was wondering if maybe they used the wiring from the right door for the fog light and blanked it off. 
Hope this isn’t too daft a question cheers 

Hello Bobz,

Welcome to the Forum.

Not all models had both side doors powered.

The LHS, nearside in the UK, and Japan, is the one that will be powered if you do not have the 'double' option.

You need a foglight in the UK.

I doubt the importer removed a electric sliding door option to fit a foglight switch.

Check that the door unit/wire hasn’t snapped and the dealer/previous owner just replaced the switch with a blanking plate to prevent/avoid operation. Mine is like that and the cable remains can be seen in the external slot below rear window with the motor still in the door looking worse for wear. Some of the mechanisms still operate on that door but I just use both doors manually anyway.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rojie said:

Hello Bobz,

Welcome to the Forum.

Not all models had both side doors powered.

The LHS, nearside in the UK, and Japan, is the one that will be powered if you do not have the 'double' option.

You need a foglight in the UK.

I doubt the importer removed a electric sliding door option to fit a foglight switch.

Many thanks for all your replies 

I’m certainly enjoying my minivan 👍