Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Bulb rear fog light

Lucy

Hi my Alphard 2.4 has failed it’s MOT on its rear fog light bulb. Has anyone replaced theirs would this DEFVNSY brake light bulb, Red 1157 BAY15D P21/5W led stop tail bulbs, 33SMD 2835 Chipsets 2057 2357 Bright light bulb 10-30V DC (Pack of 2) https://amzn.eu/d/bjn41pY work?

the garage has given me the codes RU30 or P21/5W which this seems to match? 

3 hours ago, Lucy said:

Hi my Alphard 2.4 has failed it’s MOT on its rear fog light bulb. Has anyone replaced theirs would this DEFVNSY brake light bulb, Red 1157 BAY15D P21/5W led stop tail bulbs, 33SMD 2835 Chipsets 2057 2357 Bright light bulb 10-30V DC (Pack of 2) https://amzn.eu/d/bjn41pY work?

Hi Lucy,

Can't your MOT garage get you the correct bulb and fit it for you ?

Hi,

Yes they’ve been very good. My issue was that the fog light has been modified from the drivers side reversing light which is clear. The bulb must’ve been ‘painted’ by whoever fit it when it was first converted. They don’t do the bulb I need in red. It’s been sorted by taking a break light red bulb out and using that. What I’m worried about now is when that one goes.. Has anyone else had any issues sourcing bulbs? 

9 hours ago, Lucy said:

Hi,

Yes they’ve been very good. My issue was that the fog light has been modified from the drivers side reversing light which is clear. The bulb must’ve been ‘painted’ by whoever fit it when it was first converted. They don’t do the bulb I need in red. It’s been sorted by taking a break light red bulb out and using that. What I’m worried about now is when that one goes.. Has anyone else had any issues sourcing bulbs? 

Hello Lucy,

Surely all you need is a spare brake light bulb, in red ?

Try Halfords.

LOL! The only lights I can get to fit my model are clear…..Halfords was my first stop 😉! The picture is of the bulb I need in red. Anyone else been able to find a red one? 

B818C902-C009-4128-8E68-4FAE2039F796.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lucy said:

LOL! The only lights I can get to fit my model are clear…..Halfords was my first stop 😉! The picture is of the bulb I need in red. Anyone else been able to find a red one? 

Have you tried ebay?

I tried 12v, 16w, W2.1 and got several choices.

Thanks for the photo, but it is difficult to see the clear bulb behind the clear plastic packaging.

Good Luck.

23 hours ago, Lucy said:

Hi Lucy you are not alone!

My story is I got fig light installation done and at first MOT was told the fog light bulb colour is not exactly right and might fail mot next time! So I need to source a red bulb that is I believe 'double filament". I have the bulb that came out from that spot originally. Let me post the pic here for information, though I understand one we need is different.

I have contact to dig light installer and he should be able to help. I'll get back after speaking to him.

By the way...Information is buried in this forum that is crying for method to some tabulated logical search method 

• Like 1

I've asked someone who does Fog lights install and he said the rear tail light conversion bulb is 

921R Red 12V 21W Capless Push Fit Car Bulb

To remind the original bulb there was  
KOITO JAPAN 921
12V W16W E4 2EL 8ZG

Fog light after conversion is circled in picture below.

862F1B23-AF0D-4AC3-AC24-7960024ACA46.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2022 at 4:42 PM, Lucy said:

Please check my post above if it helps 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lucy said:

Thank you very much Teekay. That’s really, really helped 👍

I'm glad it helped. This forum works on good will. Wish the format could be changed to something more helpful as it is all piled up info 

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2022 at 2:09 PM, Teekay said:

I've asked someone who does Fog lights install and he said the rear tail light conversion bulb is 

921R Red 12V 21W Capless Push Fit Car Bulb

To remind the original bulb there was  
KOITO JAPAN 921
12V W16W E4 2EL 8ZG

Fog light after conversion is circled in picture below.

862F1B23-AF0D-4AC3-AC24-7960024ACA46.jpeg

Message sent @Teekay