Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Unconnected tube.

Hi Guys n' Gals, a little enlightenment needed if anybody can help, I have removed the rear seats from my 2003 Alphie and found in the lower storage compartment that everything in there was wet, upon further investigation I found a tube in the space that houses the Jack and safety triangle, that isn't connected, but did have a little liquid in it, common sense tells me that it's the rear washer feed as it clearly runs up the inner frame to the top of the vehicle, however, I can neither see, nor feel anything that it should be attached to coming from the front, any ideas gratefully received.

IMG_20230102_125446_burst_01.jpg

IMG_20230102_125501.jpg

OK, upon further investigation, I now think this may actually be some kind of drainage tube as I discovered a small white clip of the correct diameter that points the tube down the bottom of the van, I think that it was never put back correctly before.

28 minutes ago, Nigel Heyward said:

OK, upon further investigation, I now think this may actually be some kind of drainage tube as I discovered a small white clip of the correct diameter that points the tube down the bottom of the van, I think that it was never put back correctly before.

It will be one of the drain tubes for the rear sunroof it should connect to a part that is on the floor so that the rain drains out under the car, there will be another on the opposite side and you should see the exit point on the chassis. some one may have cut it to clear a blockage but not reconnected it properly, windscreen washer connectors will join it up. There are 2 similar tubes from the front corners of the front sunroof they run down behind the trims on the A pillars. The rear wiper washer tube runs from the pump up the front A pillar then behind the roof lining and then out into the tailgate at high level.

• Like 1