Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Tyre options for 16'' wheels

Hi all,

What tyres are you all running / recommend?

Current have a set of budget tyres that will need replacing soon. Antares Ingens A1's.

The size is- 205/65/16 95H

Be interested in what you all have chosen.

Thanks

Adam

24 minutes ago, AdamjG said:

Hi all,

What tyres are you all running / recommend?

Current have a set of budget tyres that will need replacing soon. Antares Ingens A1's.

The size is- 205/65/16 95H

Be interested in what you all have chosen.

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam,

I don't need tyres yet, but will probably fit extra load versions when I do.

3 hours ago, Rojie said:

Hi Adam,

I don't need tyres yet, but will probably fit extra load versions when I do.

thanks Rojie, what load rating are you considering?

I’m wondering if 95H is enough as it’s a fully converted camper + 4 people and awning / camping gear..

Had summer budget tyres on but could feel them slip accasionally on set off and corners and I drive very slowly, put some Avon all season from national tyres and seem fine ,think they were about £100 each ,not too expensive at all ,probably top end of a budget tyre,won't fit really cheap ones on mine as its a four wheel drive model and they don't last ,hope that's helpful 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AdamjG said:

thanks Rojie, what load rating are you considering?

I’m wondering if 95H is enough as it’s a fully converted camper + 4 people and awning / camping gear..

Just XL, as opposed to the various 'normal' load rating.

I think the XL is a stronger sidewall. I'll check more thoroughly when the time comes.

With my annual mileage it will be some time yet !

The 95H should be perfectly adequate as the vehicles are designed to carry seven or eight persons.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just changed all 4 tyres on my 3.0 AWD - cost £480 incl VAT. Went for Hankook 205/65 R16 107T. As I have had the full side conversion with pop-top I went for the higher load and speed rating. The originals were rated 95Q and the ride is definitely much firmer/tighter.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 2:33 PM, Arthur said:

Just changed all 4 tyres on my 3.0 AWD - cost £480 incl VAT. Went for Hankook 205/65 R16 107T. As I have had the full side conversion with pop-top I went for the higher load and speed rating. The originals were rated 95Q and the ride is definitely much firmer/tighter.

Thanks  Arthur. 

I’ve just put 205/65/ R16 107T Continentals on ours for the same reasons as you, full conversion etc.

Defenately firmer ride, but feel much more confident with van tyres on with the loading. 
Also running 40psi which real has really helped with mpg.

• Like 1