Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

door open & close cable has snapped

Hi,  my 2004 alphard doors have stopped working, on investigation the open / close cables have snapped within 2 weeks of each other.

Can you help as my local Toyota dealer is of little help as it's an import vechile. The motors are working when switch is used & the

broken cable is now inside the door panel & wrapped around the motor wheel. Can I buy a replacment cables & if so where from.

cheers Derek

• 3 months later...

Hi Derek,

I have only just joined the forum, so I guess you have sorted this problem. But for me, I bought my Alphard in March from NewAcre cars of Coventry. On collection apparantly the valeters had broken on cable by forcing thedoor faster than the motor was doing it, so it was broken when we collected it. Paul McKeown, the boss, says he has a good relationship with his local Toyota dealer, and he got one within a week. He reckons he buys so much from them it is in their interest to be helpful. He says he can fit a complete new unit in an hour. If your handy with the tools, he would probably get one for you.

Cheers

Phil

• 5 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 3:04 PM, Philip Ibbs said:

ATH10W part no. (right side) for Alphard you need is 69631-58010 CONTROL SLIDE DR AT they £93 with shipping £130approx.

There is plenty videos showing on utube how to change Dnt kno bout newacres, but chk their website and spoke to them on phone and been quoted £300, if what this other bloke here says they take 30min to an 1hr to change the  this means they charging an excess of £200 😳

Now im no mechanic but for an hour labour £200 charge just seems excessive.

Here utube video showing bloke changing Type on search

[139]Toyota alphard Sliding Door repair and video will come up with Jap bloke showing how to do.

For parts 1st check against you chassis its the correct one. Ive seen this link here on forum, u can check correct part no. using it.

https://toyota.epc-data.com/

Select Body&Interior - then select Slide roller & rail and you will see diagram, you want to then select Control Slide Dr and choose left or right

Edited by akariz Yeo
Explain how to navigate on toyota EPC data webpage

1 hour ago, akariz Yeo said:

On 1/14/2021 at 3:04 PM, Philip Ibbs said:

Paul McKeown, the boss, says he has a good relationship with his local Toyota dealer, and he got one within a week. He reckons he buys so much from them it is in their interest to be helpful.

Call them as well.

Gave me same story, but believe me, its just stories...cable part only costs £93 and that's bought from UAE with shipping you looking @£100 approx.

All these NewAcre stories "im good pals with Toyota".... 🤔 please

This lot then charging 300£ part&fitting and i dont even kno if VAT is included !...this means they charging £200 for an hour labour. 

🙄Might as well call NASA and ask if £200 will cover for hour cost of one of their engineers.👀