Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

dash sat navigation

Hello,

I hope someone can help. i have a 2003 model without satnav and was considering getting one fitted or fitting myself. I have attached a photo of the central dash and wanted to know if anyone could recommend something that will fit directly in place of the current radio/CD player and if anyone knows if it something that is easily fitted by myself or if i would need to go to a garage.

Thanks in advance

dash.jpg

Any double din unit will fit you just have to measure the width, they are fairly easy to fit but to use the steering wheel controls you need an adaptor loom, see Dynamic Sounds Ltd, the exist cameras are 6volt so you need adapters or change them for 12v ones which will be a better quality

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dezufo said:

Any double din unit will fit you just have to measure the width, they are fairly easy to fit but to use the steering wheel controls you need an adaptor loom, see Dynamic Sounds Ltd, the exist cameras are 6volt so you need adapters or change them for 12v ones which will be a better quality

Hi Pete,

Do the Gen 1 facelift vans have 6v cameras?

Where are the 12v cameras available from, as I could use more clarity from the front cameras ?

As they east to fit ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rojie said:

Hi Pete,

Do the Gen 1 facelift vans have 6v cameras?

Where are the 12v cameras available from, as I could use more clarity from the front cameras ?

As they east to fit ?

Yes Gen 1 are 6volt. The oem front camera is a split lens it is not 2 separate cameras, I have not seen any replacement split lens cameras for sale. I got my 12v camera off ebay, just got the widest viewing angle I could get.  I got a camera that has a threaded mounting point at the rear, similar to the one in the link, I then just checked the polarity of the wires so that I could connect it to my new headunit, then fitted it in place of the oem..  If you still have the split lens and the original headunit then you will need 6v to 12v adapters, off ebay, which are available with 4pin or 24 pin depending on the connectors behind the headunit, If your headunit has been replaced and you have a split lens front camera then it will already have an adapter to go from 12v to 6v.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304354615340

• Like 1

Hello,

thanks i will have a shop around. I dont have a camera so i guess its a matter of either not having steering wheel controls or getting a loom?

1 hour ago, tony10 said:

Hello,

thanks i will have a shop around. I dont have a camera so i guess its a matter of either not having steering wheel controls or getting a loom?

You might want to follow my thread here.

Have posted link to SWC adapter and other info. Am doing most of the wiring this weekend.

• Like 1

hi  my Alphard had a panasonic  stero unit when I bought it . I had the unit replaced with an Eonon android unit which included rear camera, It cost £500 including fitting (including camera)  With regard the sat nav, although you can use google maps and others I downloaded Tom Tom go  cost £19.75 renewable annually.  Trust this will assist.image.thumb.jpeg.0979c1c5cc76f1efdb0ab666f6c4ab0a.jpeg

• Like 1