Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Alphard curtains

Hi my 2004 Alphard conversion didn’t come with curtains and I was hoping that someone could give me some advice. I have seen some online from Jap autos in Southampton but they are a bit pricey. Does anyone know a cheaper diy way that I could use to fit either curtains or blinds. Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Angel said:

Hi my 2004 Alphard conversion didn’t come with curtains and I was hoping that someone could give me some advice. I have seen some online from Jap autos in Southampton but they are a bit pricey. Does anyone know a cheaper diy way that I could use to fit either curtains or blinds. Thanks in advance.

I assume you have the rails fitted already ?

I know that surface mount rails can be purchased.

Sorry, I don't know where from.

I would try any VW outfitters.

Some members install surface mount rails immediately behind the front seats for night privacy.

Indeed, I believe, on some early Alphies it was an option.

Black out 'blinds' can be bought that fit on the outside of the windscreen.

Very effective, easy to install and remove; just a problem when stowing while wet !

Hi Angel

I've just seen your post, I have a 20 series Alphard. Unfortunately these didn't come with the options for curtains unlike the earlier ones.

I had been looking for a set to fit, so took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and purchased them from Jap autos in Southampton. They're not too bad but you will need to buy some extra fittings separately to make them look neater. It is an expensive option though. 

The other option is to buy a set of fitted black blind insets from Amazon (£100). They are available as a full set including the front and fit really well. I wanted the more stealthy look so used only the middle and rear ones. I brought a standard curtain cab separating curtain to hang behind the front seats. These have a clip and wire system which just hangs on each side (£15-£25).

Good luck

Aftab 

• Like 1

Hi thanks for the info, my 2004 Alphard  has the pop studs for the tie backs but no rails. I may just bite the bullet and get them from jap autos as I like the idea of having the factory look.

I wanted the factory look too 😀

They can post the curtains out to you so you can fit them yourself if you feel confident.. which I recommend.

To be honest their fitting skills weren't the best. I had to replace the screws they used to black ones as the silver ones stood out against the black rail.

I will also be changing the velcro they used to a beige one as the black one they used was all over the place and stood out.

They fit the curtains in an open yard so they ask you to leave them at it while you take a walk into town.

The curtain quality looks good though 👌 and they are a nice couple.

Unfortunately there isn't a choice of places where we can buy fitted Alphard curtains from.