Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Centre Console Wiring

Hi

i have a 20 series with the sliding Centre console (no rear 110V sockets or VGA PLUGS)

im looking to add some usb type chargers to my Centre console rear for the kids. I had planned to install and run wires somewhere through the console to the fuse box.

I removed the console cover to find wiring which must be from the earlier models with rear 110V sockets and VGA PLUGS.

does anyone know if these wires are live?

if they are not live as I suspect can anyone help with an idea of where they can be connected?

still find it so strange there is no power in the rear of the 20 series, not even a cigarette socket!!!!

I was just wondering the exact same question earlier this week. Mine has no 100V sockets or VTR. Opened up the end panel to find 3 connectors. I have the part number for the end console which does have the connectors so I will buy those.

When I get a chance, I plan to test if these are live with a multimeter, and then use a tone generator to trace where they go.

However, I'm hoping someone knows the answer already. 

Well I tested it, and the green/blue wire has no voltage. There's a white connector with around 8 wires, which I'm hoping is to the TV unit, but I'll need to get a toner generator to trace it.

Just a thought, in mine I have the two 100v sockets but they're controlled by a switch down by the right hand side of the steering wheel. Wondering whether the wiring is all there just waiting to be switched behind the blank where the 100v switch would be?

Worth a look in the technical guides forum. I dropped some photos in there of the connections/ wiring in the centre console and at the inverter under the driver’s seat. I retained the switch so haven’t checked the wiring behind - but attached photo at least show the location. Dom.

2DCD053B-D926-4F20-B349-E5944E157942.jpeg

8 hours ago, anotherdom said:

Worth a look in the technical guides forum. I dropped some photos in there of the connections/ wiring in the centre console and at the inverter under the driver’s seat. I retained the switch so haven’t checked the wiring behind - but attached photo at least show the location. Dom.

2DCD053B-D926-4F20-B349-E5944E157942.jpeg

Beat me to it!

Standard loom in 20 series, but the sockets may not be connected dependant on the headunit. 

You will have 2 connectors(2 wires) these are the 110ac wires, your inverter is most likely not fitted. 

The 8 pin socket is the Rca aux input connector, you will find the other end probably loose behind the headunit.

Any ideas where the 2 wires (blue/green) goes? Anywhere near the 2 interior fuse boxes? I'm thinking to put in 12v cig lighter or USB on the rear end panel of the console.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Babu @Joel7513 just wondering did you get anywhere with this at all? We picked up our 2008 today and I'm looking at adding 12v or usb here and possible look to stretch one to the boot area. 

Cheers

Edited by amosridl

Hi Stu

I haven’t had the opportunity to connect mine up yet. Likely I will run some wires under the carpets and piggyback off the existing fuse. 

lots of comments above but I think I will be easier just to rewire under the carpet as nobody is sure on where to liven the existing wires up.. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, amosridl said:

Hi @Babu @Joel7513 just wondering did you get anywhere with this at all? We picked up our 2008 today and I'm looking at adding 12v or usb here and possible look to stretch one to the boot area. 

Cheers

I have a inductive tone generator on order from Alixpress which will be invaluable to trace cables wirelessly in the car

On another note, if you want the cleanest look for the console end panel, you'll need part number 58923-58080-A0 (A0 is beige, black is either B0 or C0). You can then buy the USB ports that snap into those cutouts.

image.png.ceffb2c68683e2e1637f652a0f2973af.png

• Like 1