Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

one window not opening

Hi all,

I have a 2010 alphard and have had it for a few days.  It had been sat around for a while so battery dead and a few bits and bobs need doing. I thought it a good project for me to start on as the engine and gearbox were good.

So i thought bestt o create a post for each issue.  

Admin: if this is not the case then i can merge all.

One of the rear windows (passenger side) does not open.  it did a few times but now has decided not to.

Thanks in advance and have a lovely bank holiday.

Hi fiaraz, 

you need to reprogramme the windows. open the drivers window and count to 5 then close it again counting to 5. press the open window on that doors panel I.e. Passenger side window to open and count to 5 then close it counting to 5. you cannot program them from drivers door switches

58 minutes ago, atlanticcobra2023 said:

Hi fiaraz, 

you need to reprogramme the windows. open the drivers window and count to 5 then close it again counting to 5. press the open window on that doors panel I.e. Passenger side window to open and count to 5 then close it counting to 5. you cannot program them from drivers door switches

This method applies to any Gen 1 window that starts to misbehave.

6 minutes ago, atlanticcobra2023 said:

sorry my mistake

No mistake.

The sun roofs need this treatment too sometimes, after a battery refit.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, atlanticcobra2023 said:

Ah right I thought I advised a different model owner wrongly 😁

I don't think so.

But giving advice to anyone remotely is not easy or without it's risks !

3 minutes ago, Rojie said:

I don't think so.

But giving advice to anyone remotely is not easy or without it's risks !

I only comment on questions that I myself have experienced, and I thought that was the purpose of a forum to get advice and idea's from other members.

If I am wrong then I will not post any suggestions in future.

8 minutes ago, atlanticcobra2023 said:

I only comment on questions that I myself have experienced, and I thought that was the purpose of a forum to get advice and idea's from other members.

You are not wrong.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, atlanticcobra2023 said:

This is very much appreciated and i don't think pressing a few buttons is any kind of risk.  I do understand the risk if you were tellin me how to change my brake pads. Agagin thank you for your advice

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, atlanticcobra2023 said:

Hi fiaraz, 

tried this a few times but to no avail,  just let me double check, even though the window does not open even from its own switch, i hold it down for 5 seconds and then pull up for 5 seconds.

2 minutes ago, fiaraz said:

tried this a few times but to no avail,  just let me double check, even though the window does not open even from its own switch, i hold it down for 5 seconds and then pull up for 5 seconds.

Ah didnt realise it wasnt opening with its own button, but then again that is exactly the issue I had the drivers side passenger window would not open when any button was pressed but did the sequence and it worked, 

if it still doesnt work then maybe a fault on that window mech

Edited by atlanticcobra2023

On 5/8/2023 at 1:24 PM, atlanticcobra2023 said:

Ah didnt realise it wasnt opening with its own button, but then again that is exactly the issue I had the drivers side passenger window would not open when any button was pressed but did the sequence and it worked, 

if it still doesnt work then maybe a fault on that window mech

Thanks, i am kinda thinking tat it may be the fuse or relay? as i watched a youtube video stating that windows eahc hav etheir own fuse.  would youknow if teh fuse box comes with a fuse remover tool?

1 hour ago, fiaraz said:

Thanks, i am kinda thinking tat it may be the fuse or relay? as i watched a youtube video stating that windows eahc hav etheir own fuse.  would youknow if teh fuse box comes with a fuse remover tool?

No they don't have a tool for removing fuses, I use some forceps because the fuses on passenger side are a real pain to get to. The forceps I use are the long stem type. I use for fishing. 

1 hour ago, anotherdom said:

The schematic you posted has front left/ rear left in one of them (presumably the passenger side) and front right/ rear right in the other.

i think i might have been a bit vague.  i am fine withe the fuse placements its the actual box as it just states instrument box2, is it the fuse box located on the drivers side ir passengers?

8 minutes ago, fiaraz said:

i think i might have been a bit vague.  i am fine withe the fuse placements its the actual box as it just states instrument box2, is it the fuse box located on the drivers side ir passengers?

drivers side is by drivers footwell, passenger side the horrible one to get to left side passenger footwell close to where cabin filter is behind lower drop down glove box,

Edited by atlanticcobra2023