Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Odometer keeps on blinking/flashing

8 hours ago, farooq said:

Hello, i have a alphard 2004, suddenly the odometer started blinking/flashing continuesly any help

Have attatched a video 

Hello Farooq,

Welcome to the Forum.

Close all the doors and buckle up the set belts !

Do the red lights go out ?

1 hour ago, farooq said:

Brother is said the odometer is blinking not all the lights on the cluster and hve attatched a clip to show

The seat belt warning light is also flashing, so fasten seat belts start it up and try again if odometer still flashes then you could have a loose connection on the back or the ecu is faulty, has the speedo been checked for accuracy, when engine is running is it only the odometer that is flashing and does the eml go off

3 hours ago, dezufo said:

The seat belt warning light is also flashing, so fasten seat belts start it up and try again if odometer still flashes then you could have a loose connection on the back or the ecu is faulty, has the speedo been checked for accuracy, when engine is running is it only the odometer that is flashing and does the eml go off

Came to there is a guy earlier did mileage correction on it since then it has been behaving that way

13 minutes ago, farooq said:

Came to there is a guy earlier did mileage correction on it since then it has been behaving that way

Mileage Correction ?

Do you mean converting from km/hr to mph ?

3 hours ago, farooq said:

No reducing the km

As defuzo says reducing the odometer reading is illegal here in the UK.

If the reading is now 375,000, I dread to think what it was.

I doubt our members will want to help.

I think you are on your own.

I certainly don't want to be involved; even if you are in a different country.

• Like 1

I would not be at all surprised if the blinking odometer is a result of tampering with the figure..... adjusting/resetting is illegal and probably why it started blinking after the alteration.

On 5/19/2023 at 12:20 AM, farooq said:

Hello, i have a alphard 2004, suddenly the odometer started blinking/flashing continuesly any help

Have attatched a video 

Hi. Just a thought. Is it that it needs a service, or perhaps (?) In Japan, I've heard that at about 35,000 miles you are required to have an engine rebuild or replace the engine?

I can't confirm this is true, but have heard this from about 3 dealers!

John Harrison. Wallasey Wirral.

(2008 2.4 Vellfire)

1 hour ago, John Harrison said:

Hi. Just a thought. Is it that it needs a service, or perhaps (?) In Japan, I've heard that at about 35,000 miles you are required to have an engine rebuild or replace the engine?

I can't confirm this is true, but have heard this from about 3 dealers!

John Harrison. Wallasey Wirral.

(2008 2.4 Vellfire)

Na its not a must, but have checked its becoz of odo tempering which was done before coming to me, so am looking for original eprom dump so to fix it

8 hours ago, farooq said:

Na its not a must, but have checked its becoz of odo tempering which was done before coming to me, so am looking for original eprom dump so to fix it

Good luck. Can you post what you find?

John Harrison.