Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Side door remote issue

Hi,

I have had my 2005 Alphard since 2016 and the side door remote has always worked ok until recently when it stopped working. Changed the battery, no difference.  So I bought a replacement from eBay but I am having trouble programming it to the car. I have attached the instructions that I have been using (supplied by the seller) and a picture of the remote. Everything is ok to step 9, car goes into programming but then the instructions do not match the remote, saying press lock and unlock together for 1 second, then press lock, doors will cycle. In my case I have tried variations of the buttons but no joy. The remote seller has said that it should work and has now sent me 3 remotes but still no luck. 

I have the following questions please,

Is there a different programming method for my remote?

Does anyone have a different remote for my year of car that works and I should try to find?

Many thanks for any help.

Cheers Russ.

Door remote.jpg

Key programming instructions.docx

14 hours ago, charlaph said:

I have a 2004 with power doors both sides and my keys look like this.

Screenshot_20230603-214225~2.png

Is your Alphie a Gen 1, or a Gen 1 facelift.

I agree. This is a correct key for a Gen1 facelift, and is available on ebay.

It must have the 4D67 chip fitted.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Update. I got this sorted with some advice from a friend of mine who used to be a technician at Lexus. I thought he might have the techstream software, but first he advised me to disconnect the battery for half an hour to let the ECUs and control boxes reset themselves. I did this whilst installing our UK radio headunit. After this the original remote started working fine and has been now for about a month. So a nice easy fix in the end!

This has sorted all types of electrical gremlins at Lexus apparently. 

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

Russ.

• 8 months later...
On 7/23/2023 at 9:32 AM, RussB said:

Hi,

Update. I got this sorted with some advice from a friend of mine who used to be a technician at Lexus. I thought he might have the techstream software, but first he advised me to disconnect the battery for half an hour to let the ECUs and control boxes reset themselves. I did this whilst installing our UK radio headunit. After this the original remote started working fine and has been now for about a month. So a nice easy fix in the end!

This has sorted all types of electrical gremlins at Lexus apparently. 

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

Russ.

Hhmm. I hope car thieves don't read this !

22 hours ago, smurf said:

Does anyone know how to program a new gen 1 door fob like the one in the opening post? 

Auto Electrician. 80 pounds; for which mine did additional keys for free.

Excludes cost of key.

They will need a master key, which you almost certainly will have.

Techstream is free, but the connection leads are not.

Some leads work, some don't.

there are several suggestions in this forum on which leads to buy.

I've got techstream, but if there was one of the secret button dance procedures it would save me the hassle of waiting for techstream to come alive.