Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

ABS/brakes diagnostic and repair needed

I purchased my 2007, 3.0 Alphard MZGEd a year ago.  No issues until a visit to the car wash where guys used a pressure washer. When asked to move the car forward it stuck in 'park' and I couldn't move out of without using the override button (for the first time ever). The VSC, TRC off, ABS lights came on. No engine warning light. I found out soon after that the brake lights not coming on.  I live in mid Wales and quickly found out how hard it is to find a garage that would touch Japanese imports.  I eventually found a garage that diagnosed the ABS module needed to be repaired/replaced.  As they were unable to source one we managed to get a second hand unit - imported from Japan via Nippon Autospares. The garage installed this unit but it has not resolved the problem. Our Alphard is sitting at the garage 100 miles away, out of MOT now, and the garage is offering no way forward.
It is so frustrating.  PLEASE, PLEASE can anyone help with information on where to go next. I have the feeling the answer is simple but at a loss that no-one that we have been to so far can remedy it. I live in mid Wales, but the car is in South Wales. Has anyone experienced similar issue.  I would be grateful for advice/recommendations in the hope of finding a solution asap.  I'm prepared to move the car to anywhere in the U.K.🙏🙏

14 hours ago, Julie GH said:
I purchased my 2007, 3.0 Alphard MZG Ed a year ago.  No issues until a visit to the car wash where guys used a pressure washer. When asked to move the car forward it stuck in 'park' and I couldn't move out of without using the override button (for the first time ever). The VSC, TRC off, ABS lights came on. No engine warning light. I found out soon after that the brake lights not coming on.  I live in mid Wales and quickly found out how hard it is to find a garage that would touch Japanese imports.  I eventually found a garage that diagnosed the ABS module needed to be repaired/replaced.  As they were unable to source one we managed to get a second hand unit - imported from Japan via Nippon Autospares. The garage installed this unit but it has not resolved the problem. Our Alphard is sitting at the garage 100 miles away, out of MOT now, and the garage is offering no way forward.
It is so frustrating.  PLEASE, PLEASE can anyone help with information on where to go next. I have the feeling the answer is simple but at a loss that no-one that we have been to so far can remedy it. I live in mid Wales, but the car is in South Wales. Has anyone experienced similar issue.  I would be grateful for advice/recommendations in the hope of finding a solution asap.  I'm prepared to move the car to anywhere in the U.K.🙏🙏

Hello Julie,

Welcome to the Forum.

There is a thread on here where members list garages that will work on Alphies.

There must be somewhere in South Wales on that list.

Trying searching the servicing section.

Recomend a Dealer etc

Good luck, hope all goes well for you and your Alphie soon.