Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Alphard head unit replacement

Afternoon fellow Alphardians,

Can anyone give me some contact details or advice on finding a fitter for an aftermarket Android touch screen head unit?

I have an 05 Alphard 3.0l with the theatre sound system and have been told its not an easy fit. i'd also like to keep the front/rear cameras as well. I'm in Hull.

I could do with the tracking doing as well as the roads in the uk are poo. Been told I need workshop book as most of the tyre guys just say that 'computer says no' as its an imported car.

Androis head unit.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-10 at 19.13.13.jpg

2 hours ago, Philmagicman said:

Afternoon fellow Alphardians,

Can anyone give me some contact details or advice on finding a fitter for an aftermarket Android touch screen head unit?

I have an 05 Alphard 3.0l with the theatre sound system and have been told its not an easy fit. i'd also like to keep the front/rear cameras as well. I'm in Hull.

I could do with the tracking doing as well as the roads in the uk are poo. Been told I need workshop book as most of the tyre guys just say that 'computer says no' as its an imported car.

Androis head unit.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-10 at 19.13.13.jpg

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the Forum.

Regarding the tracking; your wheel tyre combination does not look standard; just to complicate things even more.

Ben Hau in Birmingham is the go to guy for Android upgrades.

Thanks for the replies chaps, yeah the wheels aren't standard there 20" with 40 section tyres on, to complicate it even further its dropped on HKS springs and dampers haha.

I need an old school chap who can work it out.

Does anyone have contact details for Ben?

Thanks in advance. 

10 hours ago, Philmagicman said:

Thanks for the replies chaps, yeah the wheels aren't standard there 20" with 40 section tyres on, to complicate it even further its dropped on HKS springs and dampers haha.

I need an old school chap who can work it out.

Does anyone have contact details for Ben?

Thanks in advance. 

Ben's mobile is on the Forum somewhere.

Search for Ben Hau or Radio Replacement

He is difficult to contact.

Looks like you may have an Xtrons unit fitted.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all you fellow Alfies.

I had a Mazda Bongo for 7 years, and replaced and cut all the electrical gubbings, and aerials on the roof, V.C.R. and Jap toll road automatic card payments, which weren't compatible or necessary in this country.

This time round with the Alfie, I've held back.

The Head unit has possibilities, that the Bongo never had, which I'm still exploring.

It's an NHDT W57. And using Google Translate, has been a game-changing advance which didn't exist before.

The radio may have very limited use, but the C.D. and D.V.D player are perfect. And it has a hard drive capacity of 40 GB to store umpteen C.D,s, which it does automatically.

I'm still exploring and looking into plug in D.A.B, radio, into the Aux socket on the head unit.

Happy camping

Jethro

14 hours ago, Jethro said:

Hi to all you fellow Alfies.

I had a Mazda Bongo for 7 years, and replaced and cut all the electrical gubbings, and aerials on the roof, V.C.R. and Jap toll road automatic card payments, which weren't compatible or necessary in this country.

This time round with the Alfie, I've held back.

The Head unit has possibilities, that the Bongo never had, which I'm still exploring.

It's an NHDT W57. And using Google Translate, has been a game-changing advance which didn't exist before.

The radio may have very limited use, but the C.D. and D.V.D player are perfect. And it has a hard drive capacity of 40 GB to store umpteen C.D,s, which it does automatically.

I'm still exploring and looking into plug in D.A.B, radio, into the Aux socket on the head unit.

Happy camping

Jethro

Hello Jethro,

Welcome to the Forum.