Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

ULEZ compliant or not?

On 9/1/2023 at 11:14 AM, Gregster said:

Thank you very much!

I am not sure I will recover from this as per trust. The newer versions are out of my pocket. A normal petrol type I may consider but it has to have a foolproof service history and conditions...All I am seeing these days are desperate posts about head gaskets and sorts...meaning that those advertisements saying that low milage and wonderful and hardly used are just lies...

Hi. I have just looked at the ULEZ site, and if you put in your car reg number, it will tell you instantly, Yes or No.

Mine is a 2008 2.4 auto Vellfire and had a YES and nothing to pay!

Jap emissions regs are much tighter than UK regs so I think that is why? My Velly has done 89,000 and passed!

Have a check...Good Luck?

John Harrison. Wallasey, Wirral.

• 3 weeks later...

2004 is compliant so would say it would be. Best to check with reg because sometimes teh system makes mistakes. 2016 petrol car showed up as none compliant for a friend which is completely wrong. Got 2002 fiesta which is compliant and my Landcruiser 2003 4 Litre V6 petrol is comliant.

Little late but thought I’d share my experience…

I was also looking for a alphard hybrid. Assumed that as it was a hybrid, it would be ulez compliant.

Did find a potential alphard and was actually on the point of transferring money for the purchase when my partner asked the seller if it was ULEZ compliant. Seller evaded the question…

When we checked on TfL, it said it wasn’t. Seller suggested we misrepresent the reg number so the ‘o’ looked like a ‘zero’, so that a non existent car would be searched which would therefore be compliant….

Anyhow, we scarpered. 

We did also find another seller who was really helpful and upfront about his cars and could provide all the specs and details. He also said reg 56 onwards hybrids are ulez compliant. Would recommend him if ever you consider getting the hybrid again. 

How do you know?  The default position is non-compliant due to age, unless you apply for an exemption with technical data Or you were lucky enough for the UK registration to use the data.

Has anyone got the technical data?  - See attached.  I need it for a 2005 3.0 V6

ULEZ and CAZ Process APRIL 2023.docx

• 2 months later...

I have obtained the Certificate of Conformity, Type approval Certificate, from the Japan Inspection organisation for my 2003 2.4 Hybrid which gives the emissions and a statement to say the vehicle emissions category is equivalent to EURO 4.

This and the V5C plus letter has been sent to the DVLA.............. waiting to see if they will update the V5C with the emissions info which is 144g/km CO2

image.png.c9631f836594852ac13ad96365cf28ee.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/23/2024 at 10:51 PM, smurf said:

@Jeza did you ever hear anything back from the DVLA? 

No not yet, it took them over a month to add engine serial number, change fuel type and add some emission data 

Progress inside of a month is pretty good for the DVLA 🤣.

Does the update of the emission data mean your car tax is now related to CO2 rather than the standard import rate? That would be quite a saving if so. ULEZ compliance would then be the cherry on the cake. 

5 hours ago, smurf said:

Progress inside of a month is pretty good for the DVLA 🤣.

Does the update of the emission data mean your car tax is now related to CO2 rather than the standard import rate? That would be quite a saving if so. ULEZ compliance would then be the cherry on the cake. 

I think you will find "an import is an import". Taxation will not change

On 9/21/2023 at 9:01 AM, Mabel L said:

Little late but thought I’d share my experience…

I was also looking for a alphard hybrid. Assumed that as it was a hybrid, it would be ulez compliant.

Did find a potential alphard and was actually on the point of transferring money for the purchase when my partner asked the seller if it was ULEZ compliant. Seller evaded the question…

When we checked on TfL, it said it wasn’t. Seller suggested we misrepresent the reg number so the ‘o’ looked like a ‘zero’, so that a non existent car would be searched which would therefore be compliant….

Anyhow, we scarpered. 

We did also find another seller who was really helpful and upfront about his cars and could provide all the specs and details. He also said reg 56 onwards hybrids are ulez compliant. Would recommend him if ever you consider getting the hybrid again. 

I think you may find that all Alphies from September 2005 (Gen 1 facelift) are compliant.

It is vehicles manufactured before that crucial date that can be problematic.

2 minutes ago, Rojie said:

I think you will find "an import is an import". Taxation will not change

If you can prove emissions and get the taxation class changed from PLG to emission based then the tax would be significantly cheaper with CO2/km of 144g. Getting the class changed is the part that might be problematic after it has been registered. 

The only reason imports tend to pay a flat rate is because the CO2 data isn't available when it is first registered in the UK, so the old pre-2001 tax rates are applied. It isn't anything to do with the fact it is a used car imported from abroad.