Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2.4L ANH10 Battery Spec

Geralt

I would like to replace the vehicle battery with an OEM spec equivalent. Its current battery is no guide to the correct specification since I suspect a smaller one has been shoe-horned in next to the leisure battery.

Can anyone point me to the correct spec for the original vehicle battery please in terms of CCA, terminal size and so on?

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Geralt said:

I would like to replace the vehicle battery with an OEM spec equivalent. Its current battery is no guide to the correct specification since I suspect a smaller one has been shoe-horned in next to the leisure battery.

Can anyone point me to the correct spec for the original vehicle battery please in terms of CCA, terminal size and so on?

Thank you.

Hello Geralt,

I believe terminal size is an industry standard. But ...

The terminal locations are not. It depends on the cables you have fitted.

Although, of course these can be changed.

There are several terminal configurations.

This can be important, in some cases, VITAL.

You do not want to connect the battery terminals incorrectly.

Despite their different sizes, this is quite instantaneously easily done, and will blow the main 100/120 A fuse.

The other consequence of selecting the incorrect terminal configuration is that the correct leads won't reach !

Battery physical size ? There are many ! 

I have the V6; from memory capacity is 65A/hr, CCA about 600.

I find Tanya Batteries very good. Supplier, not a brand.

• Like 1

Think I found the complete answer in this excellent article: https://toyota-club.net/files/techdata/akb/index_eng.htm

My model is UA-ANH10W (without bells and whistles) so the battery spec is 46B24L for non-cold climate.

So that's means:

Performance Rating: '46'

Form Factor: 'B'

Length (cm): '24'

Location of the negative terminal: 'Left'

From the table:

CCA : 295A        

C20 : 42Ah

If that battery is fitted length-ways across the vehicle, dimensions of B24 would be : 227mm (Terminal Height) / 203.5mm (Body Height) x 129.4mm (Deep) x 238.4mm (Wide).

image.png

On 9/11/2023 at 7:10 PM, Rojie said:

I believe terminal size is an industry standard.

I think they might not always be. Japanese imports may have slightly different sizes according to this article:

https://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/blog/difference-between-t1-and-t3-car-battery-terminals.html

I currently have a Bosch S4 020 battery so now wondering if the conversion changed the leads.

18 hours ago, Geralt said:

I think they might not always be. Japanese imports may have slightly different sizes according to this article:

https://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/blog/difference-between-t1-and-t3-car-battery-terminals.html

I currently have a Bosch S4 020 battery so now wondering if the conversion changed the leads.

I agree with this info.

However, you are likely to buy a battery that fits the leads you already have; unless you can't.

...and I've just checked mine. The terminals are indeed T3 (Japanese) so the battery I was going to buy won't fit. Glad I checked now.

As per your recommendation @Rojie , I used Tanya where you can filter by Japanese terminal and dimensions which narrowed the field down to just two. You can also search by JIS spec, in my case 46B24L, but there are no T3 terminal options which is odd.

In the end went for the exact model I'm replacing: https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/japanese/s4020/

Looks like I'm not the only one:

image.png.41ac91844a2d6a12fb7b49197f88e234.png

2 hours ago, Geralt said:

...and I've just checked mine. The terminals are indeed T3 (Japanese) so the battery I was going to buy won't fit. Glad I checked now.

As per your recommendation @Rojie , I used Tanya where you can filter by Japanese terminal and dimensions which narrowed the field down to just two. You can also search by JIS spec, in my case 46B24L, but there are no T3 terminal options which is odd.

In the end went for the exact model I'm replacing: https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/japanese/s4020/

Looks like I'm not the only one:

image.png.41ac91844a2d6a12fb7b49197f88e234.png

I went to Tanya. They did all the hard work.

Perhaps my terminals are the Japanese type; I need to check, just for reference, just in case.

Tanya's mail order service is first class.

All I did was fit it, which was very easy.

CAUTION MUST BE TAKEN to ensure no reverse polarity happens, even for a moment.