Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Vellfire sat nav

Hi all - first post - very happy with my 2010

2.4 petrol velfire just bought last week- however, i have sussed out the radio, cd player and recording cd to the hdd , BUT whatever im on , after about 30seconds the sat nav display comes back on , how do i stop this happening, is so annoying IMG_6948.thumb.jpeg.eb6d40f58f84a8516cb35a374b6d34da.jpegnoying 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

toyota.jp/dop/navi/manual/

Scroll down  and 'see models before 2012'

PDFs of the manuals for these headunit.

Good luck

Edited by Chris.ac

16 hours ago, dave murrell said:

I also have the Toyota dash cam but shows no signs of life, is this anything to do with the new android head unit?

What does it look like?

Is it on this page

toyota.jp/dop/navioption

Edited by Chris.ac

It has dawned on me that this dash cam works in conjunction with the original head unit and sat nav, possibly getting its power from it as well and may not now be connected to anything...

In fairness, image quality of dashcams is vastly improved since the DRT-H61A days.

It originally without hedge connected to the AUX screen on the headunit, and pressing the button on the right on the dashcam would allow you to see the image and browser, whilst the parking brake was on.

If you still have the connector hidden behind the headunit, it's basically a RCA composite setup, so you could get it working again if you have a video input on the new headunit.

You can still get the software to install on a pc, which will allow you to view the video stored on the sdcard

Edited by Chris.ac

If you wanted to get rid of it, and could recover all the associated cables, I would be interested, purely for the ' OEM ' factor, Toyota have moved on to newer models now, with WiFi connectivity to your phone, with an app, their best ones have 360° recording, so you can see the entire inside and through the windows as well as the view through the windscreen

Edited by Chris.ac

6 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

If you wanted to get rid of it, and could recover all the associated cables, I would be interested, purely for the ' OEM ' factor, Toyota have moved on to newer models now, with WiFi connectivity to your phone, with an app, their best ones have 360° recording, so you can see the entire inside and through the windows as well as the view through the windscreen

According to the very large book (for a dash cam) that came with it, it is supposed to be able to connect to the wifes phone but zilch, so I assume it was not re-connected when the head unit was changed just as they also 'forgot' to put the gear selector light socket back in as well because that doesn't illuminate either 😒

You cant get the staff these days...