Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Compatible Battery Cells for Alphard Hybrid 2002-2008

If theres a scenario where we need to replace individual cells rather than an entire battery for the sake of cost savings, I've heard Gen1 Prius has hybrid battery cells.  Im wondering if the Estima Hybrid has compatiable battery cells as well.

Has anyone already performed such homework?

If you check on here I help a lot of users on here I have access to all part no.s and can x reference to suitable parts if your not happy to supply me a vin number by normal open chat pm me it  if not I can not help you . Was only trying to help you .

On 11/5/2023 at 4:13 PM, MarkATH10W said:

Why do you ask?

Picasso  is a very valued leading member of The Alphard Club.

As Lee suggests, send your registration or vin number to him via a Personal Message.

It is a secure system.

Picasso, thank you for your reply.  Appologies, no offense intended.  I appreciate any help/sourcing/info that you provide.

The documentation I have states that my vehicle identification is ATH10-0003548.  Is that the number you are looking for? The vehicle is at the mechanics currently.  I am awaiting battery diagnostics/reconditioning.  I am trying to source cells in event that I have bad cells.

So far, these are my leads:

1) I have heard that gen 1 prius cells may be compatable with our ATH10 Alphard hybrids; I have not cross referenced the Part numbers yet.

2) I may be able to buy a complete gen 1 rebuilt AHR10 estima hybrid battery pack;  I do not know if this unit is useful, again I have not been able to cross reference any part numbers yet.

I am open to any suggestions for any solutions  that you provide.

Cheers,

Mark

On 11/5/2023 at 1:37 PM, Picasso said:

If you check on here I help a lot of users on here I have access to all part no.s and can x reference to suitable parts if your not happy to supply me a vin number by normal open chat pm me it  if not I can not help you . Was only trying to help you .

Edited by MarkATH10W

• 2 months later...

Mark,

Gen1 cells should not be used. They are known for not holding capacity well and in general are very aged. The Alphard has Gen2 cells as standard within. You can replace cells with other gen2 cells however please note the ECU tolerances for each of the 15No. blocks is very tight.

Swapping out cells is bad engineering practice, you will just make the next set of cells the weakest. Furthermore you overcharge the better cells to charge up weaker cells, making them expand and dissipate excess energy as heat. Heating up the whole pack and getting caught in a cycle.. killing itself faster.