Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

CarVX vehicle not found

Hi. I took a photo of the VIN on the Alphard I’m looking to buy last week (2011, 2.4) and checked this against the dealers copy of the auction sheet which matched. I wanted to do my own VRX check, but when I put the number in it says “vehicle not found” has anyone had this problem? I just want to verify accident damage and mileage really.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Spk said:

Hi. I took a photo of the VIN on the Alphard I’m looking to buy last week (2011, 2.4) and checked this against the dealers copy of the auction sheet which matched. I wanted to do my own VRX check, but when I put the number in it says “vehicle not found” has anyone had this problem? I just want to verify accident damage and mileage really.

Thanks

Are you sure it is the VIN ?  At a guess, AH20 something ?

The 'mileage' should be on the auction sheet, as will the VIN.

Do you have a copy of the Auction Sheet ?

Hi, yes it's the current Japanese Vin on "ANH20-1234567". I have only been sent a photo of the Auction Sheet as the original was sent to the DVLA for registration (is that required?). I would have liked the CarVX check just to confirm independently though....

1 hour ago, Spk said:

Hi, yes it's the current Japanese Vin on "ANH20-1234567". I have only been sent a photo of the Auction Sheet as the original was sent to the DVLA for registration (is that required?). I would have liked the CarVX check just to confirm independently though....

I don't know if the Auction Sheet is required by DVLA; but it does substantiate year of manufacture, the VIN, and the distance covered (all of which the DVLA definitely need).

I have never used CarVX as it (probably) would not have provided the info I wanted.

From my reading of threads; some members seem very happy with the report, others a little disappointed.

The Auction Sheet should be extremely thorough regarding damage. Mine listed all 'damage'.

From memory, it does not cover mechanical items (i.e. MOT type items).

My report was very 'clean'; so clearly anything that was not faulty was not listed !

Just tried the vin no. In my lookup system it don't work even with the dash out sometimes putting a extra 0 in works have tried several ways to get it to work have seen this happen several times with othe vin no.s 

12 hours ago, Spk said:

Thanks

Try adding a 'w' after the anh20

The Japanese models have a W, the export models have L or R for left or right hand drive

Edited by Chris.ac

12 hours ago, Spk said:

Thanks

Screenshot_20240107-003248.png

On 1/6/2024 at 3:21 PM, Spk said:

Try https://partsouq.com/

You should get something like this:

image.thumb.png.a08f869bbbe18e4f0ea057ae07a87990.png

If not, sounds like it's been written down wrong on the auction sheet.

1 hour ago, Geralt said:

Try https://partsouq.com/

You should get something like this:

image.thumb.png.a08f869bbbe18e4f0ea057ae07a87990.png

If not, sounds like it's been written down wrong on the auction sheet.

If so, the VIN is on the lower B pillar, nearside.

Easy to photograph.

I assume Lew was deliberately not publishing his VIN but showing us the format; which I believe is correct.

My VIN is 7 digits, excluding the MNH bit.

Lew should get a photo of the VIN from the seller, simple !

If the VIN on the vehicle is not clearly readable I would walk away.