Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Alphard / Vellfire insurance

Good afternoon all,

On the hot topic of insurance, I had my renewal notice today from my current insurer, who increased the premium from £495 to £604.44, so I got a few quotes from other insurers, the cheapest being Confused.com (Admiral), at £824.32, and the dearest being Direct Line, at £1056.93.

I then contacted Adrian Flux, who quoted a fully comprehensive policy at £447.09, plus breakdown cover at £99.00. and Key care at £19.00; total £565.09!

Needless to say, I took out this policy.

(I'm retired, so my annual mileage is less than 10,000 miles.)

I have a 2009 Vellfire 2.4, professionally converted to a full camper.

Phil

• Like 2

Hi. You got a really good deal there. I think a lot of it is to do with the number of seats.

Mine is a 2008, 2.4 Vellfire.

My last quote was about £800+ about a year ago. Mine is an 8-Seater though!

I suspect that yours will be either 4 or 5 seater with the conversion?

I'm with Adrian Flux too!

John Harrison. Wallasey!

I have no idea why this is such a fab premium, but I am very happy with Quote Me Happy ! ( Owned by Aviva by the way - Aviva used to charge me more ), but with a £20 discount for having 2 vehicles, my current premium for my 3.0 Alphard ( retired / up to 8,000 miles / full NCB ) is ONLY £159.36 !!! Long may it continue.  

Hi, The insurance premium on my Dacia shot up at the last renewal, after a lot of phoning around it transpired that older folks[well retired] can expect a large hike in premiums!! It appears old folks are bad drivers and a greater risk???? I,and many others see this as an excuse to grab more money from us pensioners.

Each day we witness the appalling driving of the majority of young drivers[many uninsured etc.]. This group are classed as a massive risk with premiums to match, so drive uninsured. Something needs to be done to curb these terrible drivers[male and female].

Many have parents who insure a vehicle for their offspring as a named driver which means they are insured if they are not the main driver[unless of course that no longer applies.

Would be interested in your comments.

Interesting! I have a 2004 Alphard and am

insured with General Accident. Premium has just gone up by 50% - hadn’t thought it might be because I am now over 70!  53 years of driving without accident but suddenly they think I’m a risk? At £430 it still seems a lot less than some of the figures mentioned.

2 hours ago, starider said:

Hi, The insurance premium on my Dacia shot up at the last renewal, after a lot of phoning around it transpired that older folks[well retired] can expect a large hike in premiums!! It appears old folks are bad drivers and a greater risk???? I,and many others see this as an excuse to grab more money from us pensioners.

Each day we witness the appalling driving of the majority of young drivers[many uninsured etc.]. This group are classed as a massive risk with premiums to match, so drive uninsured. Something needs to be done to curb these terrible drivers[male and female].

Many have parents who insure a vehicle for their offspring as a named driver which means they are insured if they are not the main driver[unless of course that no longer applies.

Would be interested in your comments.

The Insurance Companies are very aware of the named driver ruse.

Most companies will not allow the actual main driver to be a named driver. Terms and Conditions.

Using the ruse will, I believe, be fraudulent. Result for fibbing on your application/renewal could be no insurance and the inevitable ban !

Parents beware.