Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Flashing red light?

Hi, I have just noticed that although my Alphard is parked and locked up on my drive there is a small flashing red light with what looks like a vehicle showing on it. Is this just to show that the vehicle has an immobiliser fitted/working?

My battery keeps dying and I wondered if this light has anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I think it's sensing that there is a key or fob in the vacinity? I could be wrong.

Make sure there isn't one hidden somewhere in one of the cubby holes that you don't know about....or move your key further away from the vehicle, or a faraday pouch.

Hi Lee, we have really high winds and its throwing it down at the moment so I won't be able to take a pic until tomorrow. I have had a closer look and it is a flashing red symbol of a car with a key in the centre. I will have to get it sorted tomorrow now. Thanks for trying to help. 

Yep it's the immobiliser light, you'll find the moment the key is not in the ignition it will flash.  It shouldn't flatten the battery.  Alot of Japanese/JDM cars of that era had this (my old Subaru Forester had the same).